ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

’performance’ insurance

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Can anyone recomment a company that is mod happy! I dont mind paying a bit more, but need one that will cover throttle bodies in a few months time as well as a list of current mods! so none of these 3 mods max crap!

cheers

well my insurance is with green light i was gonna wap to a runabout but was told i need a least a gti as my insurance is speacialsed to performance and modified cars only andthey could not cove me on a 2.0l 16v citroen ZX 3 door hatch

try them 01277 263030

HIC seamed to be ok from what some people have said. Avoid Adrian Flux, theyll insure you with any mod you like as long as you dont actually drive the car with them on.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

iv just got a quote with HIC, and for the car as it is now with all mods declared including exact BHP its £872 fully comp. Thats with alloy fuel tank setup, buckets, alloys, all engine mods declaired

Same quote but with the throttle bodies on takes it up to £1017 fully comp

im 24 with 7 years no claims and 1 SP30 4 years ago! seems a bit pricey, but they dont mind roll cages, or anything. only thing that puts the price up is an increase in BHP so alloys, lowering etc make no difference.

the other 2 are closed but ill try em tomorro!

HIC is the sort of company im after, my insurance company laughed when i mentioned roll cage, i want a company that are happy to insure with mods!

they also said they can get me a cat 1 alarm on the car for about £140 as part of an offer which aint bad as its only got stanadrd crap on at mo!

Just seems a tad expensive considering my age and no claims amount! altho the car is nearly 50bhp up over standard

Im with HIC and they seem to be fine about mods

Buy youll need to know everything about them including the qualification of the person who posted them an his wifes maiden name.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..try liverpool victoria, speeding only stays on ur ticket for 4years i believe..

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

just tried greenlight, £834 as it is with the 2.0 and £934 with the throttle bodies on fully comp!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Try Brentacre Craig thats who Im with ......beat every other quote I had by 150 quid.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..its voluntary to declare, and if the 4 years is up and its no longer on your ticket...

direct line

Had any convictions in the past 5 years

Details of convictions should include fixed penalty points and disqualifications.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Can anyone confirm that if I get fully comp insurnace with greenlight, HIC, or adrian flux that that includes me to be able to drive any otehr vehicle 3rd party! This would come in very fekin handy!

thanks

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 02 December 2004

Can anyone confirm that if I get fully comp insurnace with greenlight, HIC, or adrian flux that that includes me to be able to drive any otehr vehicle 3rd party! This would come in very fekin handy!

thanks
Green light will insure you 3rd party on any other car if you are over 25 only, its the same with Tesco,admiral,churchill insurance and most others i found. Norwich Union was the only one i found that will let under 25s be insured on other cars. although im sure there are loads more.

sorry yeah its over 25 just got this off one of there quotes.

* Driving other cars included (provided you are not employed within the motor trade and are over 25 years old)

least in 1/2 a year you can drive others then.

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 26 November 2004

just tried greenlight, £834 as it is with the 2.0 and £934 with the throttle bodies on fully comp!
check the policy details carefully - I took insurance through greenlight for the Vee - said it was garaged at night (which it is !!) and when the policy came through it stated that if the car was on the drive between the hours of 10.00pm and 6.00am it WAS NOT insured!!! It had to be either off the home premises or in the garage between those hours - apparently because I had received a "discount" because it was garaged at night!!!

I have to say I cancelled my insurance with them and went elsewhere.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah i rang they said over 25, but when I turn 25 it shouldnt be a problem at all. Also I can pay monthly which is an added bonus!

Clio 182

Hic were pretty good for me mate, although theyre not as good as they were for price! Dean always raves about Greenlight, seem pretty good!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

HIC do discount yeah.

Think youself lucky at that price, I pay £700 TPFT on a 1.2. Loads points and a cliam though.

The driving any otehr car depneds on your policy, but is generally for peopel 25+.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah I just rang HIC, they are a little bit more expensive, but they said I can drive any other car even though im not 25 yet. Also they got the price down a bit cos they still had me down as a student from a previous quote!

so I either pay (all fully comp)

£170 deposit and 11 x £70 then pay an extra £100 for the throttle bodies with greenlight!

or

£200 deposit and 10 x £80 then pay between £100 and £200 extra for throttle bodies when they are on! but I can also drive any other car, which is what im after, as my mum hardly uses her car so it would be ideal!

Both companies seem very good, and very mod friendly which is what im after!

My renewal from my current insurance company is £480 TPFT but with only a few mods declaired!

Id go with the second one mate its only about 100 pounds more and if it would really benifit you driving your moms car would surely be worth it. Unless your mom could add you to her policy for less than that?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah exactly pal! ideal cos livin at home i can drive mi mums, or sisters if needed like! or mi old mans too!

ideal! worth the extra!