ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1,000 to spend on a HDTV

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ok guys...

No bigger than 37"
Must have HDMI socket
Look good
Sound good
Wall-mountable

£1,000 inc vat to spend.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've got a Samsung 42" HDTV Plasma, love it.

DSC00786.gif

Clio 1.4 16v
We have the 40" version of the Sony flagship LCD its the dogs danglies, I think the 32" is around about a grand, it gets in the top ten of Cnets editors ratings

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My boss has a 32inch samsumg lcd and says it's brilliant (as is the 42inch LG plasma he's got), I was thinking of getting one and he said get the newer model with the black surround because the silver can be distracting when you're watching it.

Bora TDI - (ex172)
well I just bought a Philips 32PF7521 with 2 HDMI sockets and Intergrated digital tuner. To be honest I can't fault it. Cost £830, reduced from £1200.

Superb picture quality. Even with the football there's no blurring of the ball.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/

This web site lists everything in the country for tv's and electrical stuff

Ive got a 42" panasonic hdtv plasma and i first saw it in currys,i came home and saved £400 by buying it online...
well worth a look

ian

Bora TDI - (ex172)
The only reason I went for Philips is cos I used to work for Sony and everyone then reckoned along with Samsung they were the best for LCD. not 100% about plasma.

What I do know is that Sony are moving all their customer services and technical support to an agency so if you want advice on anything you're not going to get very good aftersales service from them. Your best bet would be to be from a well versed and knowledgable retailer who can give you an unbiased opinion.

for me, it would be Samsung or Philips. Its true the Sony Bravia range are good but over priced. I'm not sure about now, but Fujitsu used to make Sony LCD and Plasma units. Thats was a couple of years ago now. May have changed.

so, to sum up IMO, its Samsung, Philips, or Sony if you can get a good deal on one, and you don't need to call them directly ever

No more clio's for me!
Just bought a samsung 32 inch black flat screen LCD HDTV, very happy with it and it was 800 quid from currys :)

No more clio's for me!
Yeah we got a right good deal, women in currys price matched it for us. Was advertised at £999 :approve:

I have just bought a 32 ince SAMSUNG, LE32R73BDX from currys, got it together with a stand and a 5.1 cinema kit, all this for 1050, its superb, especially with xbox 360, the picture is amazing, sounds is class thru the 5.1 and not bad thru the telly. it looks really nice aswell, its shiney black and has a little blue line at the bottom. i woudl recommend this package from currys, its 1130 in the store , but ask for the webdeal and they shoudl give it to you for 1050.

It has:

HDMI
Component
2x Scart
1080i resolution
phono
s-video
5000:1 contrast ratio (dynamic)

Really the best telly for the money

Ian

dk

911 GTS Cab
ClioMears said:
The only reason I went for Philips is cos I used to work for Sony and everyone then reckoned along with Samsung they were the best for LCD. not 100% about plasma.

What I do know is that Sony are moving all their customer services and technical support to an agency so if you want advice on anything you're not going to get very good aftersales service from them. Your best bet would be to be from a well versed and knowledgable retailer who can give you an unbiased opinion.

for me, it would be Samsung or Philips. Its true the Sony Bravia range are good but over priced. I'm not sure about now, but Fujitsu used to make Sony LCD and Plasma units. Thats was a couple of years ago now. May have changed.

so, to sum up IMO, its Samsung, Philips, or Sony if you can get a good deal on one, and you don't need to call them directly ever
Samsung and Sony share their LCD screen production factories so they are the same, the difference is in the processor they use, some people say the samsung is better, others say the Bravia Engine is, I bought Samsung and alos have a Bravia and I prefer the samsung tbh, but both are very good.

Play have some good prices on these tv's too.

yes its a tosh i like it more than the samsung but like i said the price on those 2 will tumble in a few weeks when the 68 versions come out.

but really i suggest going and watching some of the screens first dont buy blind

no worries end of the day its down to you what suits one may not suit you infact some screens give some people motion sickness !!!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ive got a 42" hitachi pd7500 plasma which im very happy with, picture quality is stunning imo and thats with std def stuff too. paid £1300 for it as its got freeview built in but you can still buy the one with out freeview for £1180 from http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/productlist.php?cda=productlist&sgroup=TV-PLASMA new models are out now hence why they are cheap. comes with all the connections you will ever need, 3 scarts ( 2 rgb ) , hdmi, dvi, vga, s-video, componants, etc
few pics although they don't do the picture quality justice imo
need to tidy up those cables aswell:eek:
DSCF1821Medium.jpg

DSCF1584.jpg