ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£250 First Car, Project :)

Expression 16v 1.2
Afternoon guy, purchased a little 1.2 16v 5door 80k clio this morning for £250quid has a misfire on cylinder 2, drives fine bar the misfire, stops fine, has good tread on steels, body is straight, got a few age relates accident's and the paint is a tad swirly and flat in places nothing a good mop wont fix :)

stay tunes more coming up :rasp:

Advert For The Car...

clio_1.jpg

clio_2.jpg

clio_3.jpg

clio_4.jpg

once I got it home gave it a good clean and a quick polish...

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Wish I'd spent so little buying my first car, spending money on cars is a waste of time until you can afford to insure decent ones.

Hindsight eh?

Good buy.

Expression 16v 1.2
okay quys this car is giving me a head ache and a half,

so the engine light was flashing and it was misfiring like something rotten.

put it on a scanner got p0130 and p0314

so single cylinder misfire and lambda

ive replace

coil pack / leads
plugs
both lambdas

with no joy

the coil pack is not firing on cylinder 2 and fouling up the plug new and old coil pack...

any ideas before I jump to conclusions that the head gasket is shot ?

nw0gvp.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Injectors are common, worst case is a burnt out valve, ive seen 3 or 4 now do this on the d4f engine.

Bargain by the way, even has Air con, winner.

Expression 16v 1.2
yer have heard that it could be a valve doing a compression test when the kit arrives to find out were its all stands :)

Expression 16v 1.2
right so did some goggling about and came across a thread about the d4f engine and the throttle bod throwing false codes and causing all sorts of mischief with the idle and drive so got to work on stripping it down to get to the throttle body to only find that it had a practically brand new one in it :(
so gave it the ones over and put it back I after cleaning up the engine some more this was the result.

throttle body...

Trottle_body.jpg

engine before...

Dirty_engine_2.jpg
Dirty_engine_3.jpg
Dirty_engine_1.jpg

Engine after...

Clean_inlet_1.jpg
Clean_inlet_2.jpg
Clean_inlet_3.jpg

All back together...

Clean_Engine_Bay.jpg

will update with compression reading :)

Expression 16v 1.2
so me being me forgot that the clios are not a common spark plug thread spent a decent bit of money on a compression tester to realise that out of all the sizes in the kit there was no 14mm so scrapped the compression test for now (will be done when I have the hose and thread link made). any ways I found the fault and shes runs beautifully now time to sort the rest of the problems loads so progress is now fully under way :D

the interior has been changed to a grubby grey set up, think its was due to the sunroof leak in the past. now this has gave me big headache the seat belt light on the dash is on, under the seats all the wiring has been chopped up and not one wire under both drivers and passenger is attached, there cut at all different lengths and the connector blocks are no were to be found. also the seats are fitted with airbags so rather then messing with the wires and possibly shorting the airbags im off to the scrappy to find a interior want black ideally. number one problem its a 5 door and cant seam to find a 5 door interior no matter what to colour :(

and the rear drivers door does not open inside or out so got to try slimjim it open or remove the door card at some point :)

please bare with me people pics are on there way :D

Expression 16v 1.2
the tamper proof box on the ecu connector was earthing out some chaffed cables and basically causing the coil pack to go faulty, so before I found the tamper proof box chaffing the cable I had already replaced the coilpack and took it for a test run it ran fine couple miles down the road it has started to misfire again and the engine light was flashing. after some cleaning of the engine bay and the throttle box found this box to be rattling about on further inspection and a few hours of F-ing and Blinding got this box of repaired the cables that were chaffed and then replaced the coil pack as it was in the loop of the broken cables. started it up and hey presto sorted. the cat is shot because the previous owner drove it for a good while with the misfire but that not an issue :)