ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£500 Budget

Clio 1.5 dci
This is how the car stands currently, it's a 1.5dci (65) 5 door in nautical blue.

car1.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

unfortunately the car used to be a driving instructors car and therefor he put a protective sheet on the roof before putting the advertising box on and the moron used the wrong stuff and it had welded to the roof, have tried numerous things to get it off and the one that seemed to work best was putting a petrol soaked towel on it and putting a sheet of polythene over the top and leaving it for a few hours but it had f**ked the paint underneeth so the roof needs to be resprayed. Here is a photo of the s**t on he roof...

DSC00218.jpg

so basically I've got some money again, (around £500) an was wondering what you guys thought should be the next things to be done to the car! any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
As Will. says really.
Put some away for a clutch if it was an instructor's car!

Listerine & Poledo
spend the money on getting the roof sprayed and getting some renault wheels.

forget lowz etc. pointless. (IMO)

Petrol Blue 182.
at a guess, a roof respray will take up a big chunk of that budget. get rid of the alloys and buy some used standerd wheels, 30-60mm springs too. probably all managable on your budget if you shop around

Clio 1.5 dci
was considering getting it colour coded as well as i can get the bump strips on the doors front and rear bumpers and wing mirrors done for £150. yes or no?

Listerine & Poledo
ask SPrayShack on here, they'll let you know about the colour coding.

But, seriously, roof should be your priority. No sense in trying to make the look nicer until that's done.

It'd be like Adele wearing flashy shoes, it's just not tackling the root of the problem

E36 M3. 182
If the stuffs on top of the paint surface, you might be able to get it off, have you tried heating it up (decent hairdryer) to see how it reacts??? Could be a case of heat and gently scrape, followed by a good polish to sort that...... Id punt the wheels to a daft looking youth for £5 less than they're worth new, claiming that they're 'barely used' and get some Ph2 172 or dynamique wheels and a set of decent springs (not the lowest ones you can find, you don't want your car to look broken and you'll want to use the rear doors for mates/birds...).

E36 M3. 182
From reports on here, Id avoid Apex, apparently they're a bit hard. Something from a decent manufacturer to lower it about 40mm should be reet......

Listerine & Poledo
Hard to say, but the DCi would need firmer front springs anyway wouldn't it?

I'd honestly say to stick with OEM stuff, at least you know it'll definately be OK.

Clio 1.5 dci
60mm is a bit much imo the roads around here are such bad quality! pot holes everywhere, I think it would be just a bit too much of a harsh ride.

Clio 1.5 dci
Instead of colour coding i was considering trying to get all the plastic a real deep black, shinny preferably, is the only way to do this sand, prime, paint & lacquer? in which case i might as well just get it all nautical blue!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Shiny black NEVER looks good on those parts, trust me, I've seen it tried and it fails.

60mm springs on a non sport really isn't that low, it's only two inches! You've got about 4 inches of archgap there!

Listerine & Poledo
YOu'll want to make sure your shocks are in good order, they'll get a lot more stress with the shorter travel of the springs.

but, (and I'm sure somebody will clear this up) the DCi's have to handle heavier noses so might have stronger dampers anyway?

Rob?

Clio 1.2 mk2
Shiny black NEVER looks good on those parts, trust me, I've seen it tried and it fails.

60mm springs on a non sport really isn't that low, it's only two inches! You've got about 4 inches of archgap there!

I have 60mm on mine atm and it still looks like a standard car really. Non sports are tractors. Also it handles better with standard shocks than it did before. Well at least on mine anyway.

Black gold 182
ask SPrayShack on here, they'll let you know about the colour coding.

But, seriously, roof should be your priority. No sense in trying to make the look nicer until that's done.

It'd be like Adele wearing flashy shoes, it's just not tackling the root of the problem

ahah harsh but true goodj, depending on how much it costs to get rid of that nasty roof sticky s**t and get it resprayed could take out a hefty chunk of your budget :( just do what you want to do haterz gun hate and all that its your car have fun! :)

clio dynamique 1.6
Carbon wrap on the roof, cheap on eBay, sell your wheels and some 172 wheels and some cheap second hand coilovers, and get some paint from halfords and colour code yourself.

1.2 clio/clio sport
Like someone said if its been a driving instructors car have some money for the clutch you never know, and get rid of the roof markings and then get rid of them wheels and get the original ones ill look much better.

LY Megane R26 230
I'd get the roof "wrapped" to save on cost,get some nice 172 alloys and some lowering springs.may even have enough for some colour coded bits too.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
That s**t on the roof is a b*****d to get off, my mrs mk3 clio had it (ex learner) i used a heat gun and a plastic scraper, then got all the residue off with tar and glue remover. Looked perfect after a serious machine polish. I reckon i spent 3-4 hours doing that lol. Think the sun had just baked it on.

Clio 1.5 dci
Yeah i think it is the un that has one it too! It has and it's completely f****d the lacquer, but i can get the roof resrayed for 150 so no too bad i guess, any ideas how much it would be to get the roof wrapped and where to get it done?