ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£500 To Replace Mk2 Audio

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

^

That includes the front coaxials and tweeters. The Rear components. And the head unit and stalk controls.

What should it be?

right, 1st off, front is components and rear is co-ax, not the other way around like you have described

look at spending

£150 on the fronts
£300 on head unit & stalk controls
£50 on rears

invariably you cant go too far wrong sticking to a budget like that

if you havent guessed, im no longer giving brand advice, as its all a personal preference

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

yeah, just noticed my mix up.

I had noticed that youd moved away from giving brand advice but am I right that for that sort of money, an Alpine setup would be the best value for money?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Spammy: are those links you posted for pairs of speakers?

I shall hve a ganders at what different sites have to offer

yes you only buy speakers from dealers in pairs, you can request to buy the singularly, but they are pretty costly

I would recommended sticking to the same brand speakers back and front, that way the tonal charecteristics will be the same, so u wont have one set producing more bass or more treble than the other.

doesnt look like it according to the items required and price list

as for keeping the speakers the same manufacturer, erm, maybe not, yes different speakers have different properties, but this is what allows you to mix and match to get the required sound

not once have i ever fitted 2 of the same pairs or speaker in a car, everyone wants a better sound