ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 RT Downpipe

S2000

Having recently changed my exhasut from the cat back and fitting a decat I want to change my downpipe because there is a big dent in it as you can see in this photo:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/donsrno1/PDR_0170.jpg

The dent is actually quite bad and you cant see properly from that photo how bad it is.

What I wanted to know is whether it being dented their is likely to affect the performance and reduce the effect of any other changes to the exhaust system as I was hoping for a wee bit of improvement in the performance of the car with the new exhaust I fitted but I havent noticed any real diference.

Does anyone know if the downpipe off a Mk1 Ph3 1.4 RT (Mine is a Mk1 Ph2) would fit OK and if it would be a case of a straight swap as I can get a hold of one off this site but am unsure as to whether it would fit or not.

Would it be worth fitting an aftermarket downpipe and if so where could I get one and what sort of price would it be?

Thanks.

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 26 August 2005

Having recently changed my exhasut from the cat back and fitting a decat I want to change my downpipe because there is a big dent in it as you can see in this photo:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/donsrno1/PDR_0170.jpg

The dent is actually quite bad and you cant see properly from that photo how bad it is.

What I wanted to know is whether it being dented their is likely to affect the performance and reduce the effect of any other changes to the exhaust system as I was hoping for a wee bit of improvement in the performance of the car with the new exhaust I fitted but I havent noticed any real diference.

wont be a big difference on a 1.2 tbh, it will only really effect it slightly by slightly slowing the airflow but not noticeable.. if theres a hole or a crack in it then itll be loud as hell and then itll affect power (i know!)

Does anyone know if the downpipe off a Mk1 Ph3 1.4 RT (Mine is a Mk1 Ph2) would fit OK and if it would be a case of a straight swap as I can get a hold of one off this site but am unsure as to whether it would fit or not.

depends if the 2 engine numbers are the same which is doubtful

Would it be worth fitting an aftermarket downpipe and if so where could I get one and what sort of price would it be?

powerflow mite be able to make one up but gains would be minimal

Thanks.

On my 1.2 it was in the fanifold.

My downpipe is dented to f**k like that, its cus of those f**king raised manholes.

A new exhasust is gonna amke 1-2 bhp if you are lucky, a dent in the downpipe is prolyl gonna make 0.1 bhp, IF that

volvo 340,
recently done the same thing to my car and changed the downpipe, it was only £35 new from a auto centre, the sensor shud b in the manifold, i didnt gain much power wise but the engine revs free'r.