ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10k boost

what are you lot experiences from using it? i used it on my old golf and seemed to run a bit better but dont know if this was a placebo effect and all in my head! so not sure if worth using again or not!:confused: also engine flush- what is it? does it work and which ones the best?

tom

10k boost. Go to halfords buy some carb cleaner or even brake cleaner, its the same thing for less than a fiver.

Also this doesnt remove carbon. At best it gets rid of the fluff and the oil but if it removes carbon then I am brittney spears. Its hard enough to do with a wire brush in a drill and I will be fecked if a spray can do it.

Engien flush, a thin oil like solvent which is added to the oil and in theory removes and crap, again it doesnt remove everything. IT can also lead to oil leaks etc due to it removing oily gunge which is helping tired seals do their job.

if you want the same thing, go get a can of carb cleaner than spray that down there.

Dont do much at all.........

clio 20v

i used it on my astra and found most of the carbon appeared to be holding bits of the engine together

it developed some strange noises but seemed to free it up bit

adi

Carbon will only be in the combustion chamber and exhast, dont see how it can hold and engine together. :p

clio 20v

they should sell cans of carbon so you can squirt that in so your engine sounds sweet again after fukin it up with 10k boost

adi

Its a bunch of arse. you will be convincing yourself its quicker or better running afterwards...

There is a oil add that doesnt contain ptfe, cant remember what it is but its whats in my car... halfords flog it.

clio16vpaul is your stuff any good? max poo did a test on 10k boost and they reckoned it was the nadgers, but theyre probably sponsered by them or sumin.:mad:

What the 10k - dont really rate it... but then i did it on my Rt ages ago and still bothered to do it on my 16v... so i spose for £25 or whatever worth a try.

If you mean the oil additive stuff then to be honest i just chucked it in and forgot it, apparently magnatec is not as good as i thought so i just used normal decent oil and added this stuff... i think the engine sounded smoother at idle after a while and you can also add it to the gearbox and coolant.

It might of been soime kind of molyslip??

Just had a look in the garage...

Its ZX1 extralube, and its not got any of the nastys like ptfe.

I reccomend it, epecially for me cos i work about mins from home ( yes i could walk!)

There websites http://www.team-zx1.comwww.team-zx1.com if you have nothing better to do!!