ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Front Brake Disk Options..

Shhh
Well, with that many options now available for the car. There are so many choices, most people on the site will be biased to what they thing are there views are based on a general consensus of people.

Ive been looking for a pair of disks for the car, as mine keep corroding after it rains.

Ive come across lots of offers, and a really cheap set. Have a read and a look and let me know what you think..

There are a variety of brake disks, and i know that the standard ones are ok for me. Most of the items below are made in the same location, just boxed differently.

I was kind of tempted to go with the £41.00 items. Appear to be the same as what is fitted now.

Disk set 1

a1_1_b.jpg

Sourced from eBay, price for these are £64.00 delivered to the uk.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...2QQihZ010QQcategoryZ23013QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Disk set 2

66db_1.jpg

Once again, another eBay set, this time they have holes in..whooo.. Priced up at £61 delivered to the uk.

Disk set 3

discs.jpg

Sourced from google, a website with an offer going at the moment. Disks appear to be standard with 25% discount given on website. Priced at £41 delivered to the uk.

discs[1].jpg

Same item, just drilled. Priced at £56.55 delivered

http://www.ebrakes.co.uk/category-2/NBD1000.html

Disk set 4

Supplied from GSF. Items are £55.00 delivered. No pictures available. Suspect items will be standard spec.

Disk set 5

yozzasport_p_img_med_49.jpg

Supplied via yozza sport. Items are brembo made. Priced at £74.00 delivered.

Clio 172 mk2
I'd avoid the drilled discs

TBH if your not really hammering it on track etc I'd just go for the plain Brembos

Shhh
I was thinking of the £41 set.

1. As they look to be standard spec
2. They are cheap
3. I dont do track days (have a bike for that)

I'll give them a email and see what they say about them.

BMW 320d SE
^ As Fred said: Brembos all the way - couple 'em with some EBC Green Stuff pads, and you won't regret it - it made the world of difference on my 182! :D

Shhh
Everyone is saying brembo, but not giving a reason..

Why is the brembo's pictured any better than over the standard items, or over the items pictured in the £41 picture.

Why should drilled or groved items not be fitted.?

Volvo S60 T5
I have drilled discs fitted to my 172, and would definately say the standard Brembo's on all the cars I have driven feel much better under braking.
Drilled discs can crack easy so I have heard.
Groved discs should be fine, IE Brembo Max discs, which I'le be fitting to mine soon. Some can be noisey when braking.

I have drilled discs fitted to my 172, and would definately say the standard Brembo's on all the cars I have driven feel much better under braking.
Drilled discs can crack easy so I have heard.
Groved discs should be fine, IE Brembo Max discs, which I'le be fitting to mine soon. Some can be noisey when braking.

Your fitting to mine next saturday too ;) lol.

Leon Cupra 300
informative post, thanks. i'm looking to replace mine in the next month or so.

i know it depends on how much hammer you give it but anyone know how long you can expect front discs and pads to last? i know it had new pads at 24k but is still on original discs at 32k

Shhh
I think if the email comes back from the £41 company ok then ill go with them. Think they cant be that much worse than standard items.

The price is inclusive of a 25% discount. The disks are made in a factory in wrexham.

This is close to the gsf price of the goods.