ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Airbag light help

BMW 1M
Advise needed!

I've put my 172 back to standard, removed bucket seats and omp wheel. Removed resistors and plugged everything back in

Looking at paperwork the car had a coding change using CLIP by Rentech when the seats were fitted.

I now have a airbag light, and code 187 trigger line configuration, also have a seat position sensor code but this could be the sensor

Does anyone know if these codes relate to the coding changes?

Can I download CLIP and switch it back to standard?

Attachments

• PXL_20230716_160118796.jpg
    PXL_20230716_160118796.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20230716_161706383.jpg
    PXL_20230716_161706383.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20230716_161715103.jpg
    PXL_20230716_161715103.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Advise needed!

I've put my 172 back to standard, removed bucket seats and omp wheel. Removed resistors and plugged everything back in

Looking at paperwork the car had a coding change using CLIP by Rentech when the seats were fitted.

I now have a airbag light, and code 187 trigger line configuration, also have a seat position sensor code but this could be the sensor

Does anyone know if these codes relate to the coding changes?

Can I download CLIP and switch it back to standard?
I think from what has happened when I have tried turning lights off for people in the past, if somethings plugged in but been switched off with clip it will throw up a fault. Iv used an RS Tuner and you can switch off each individual sensor so maybe worth having them all switched back on and see what it says

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
You can buy one from fastchip, but quite expensive if you only need it once. Is a good code reader though.
Where are you local to? Might be someone on here with CLiP or RS Tuner nearby who's willing to help out.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got an RS tuner with airbag module, but I’m probably over an hour away near Grantham. You must be quite closer to Alex at AW motorworks, im sure he’ll have a CLiP and could help.