ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup £3995 on eBay.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
any body know this car .?

I contacted them to emquire about a it service history , but they never got back to me .
Iv just done a quick M.O.T check and apart from not being mot'd since January 2013, the mileage according to the m.o.t has gone backwards.

I'd really like a nice 172 with low miles, but I'd have a hard time explaining the m.o.t history come sale time .

Hopefully the pictures upload for info

Attachments

• IMG_5667.PNG
    IMG_5667.PNG
    452.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5668.JPG
    IMG_5668.JPG
    660.2 KB · Views: 65

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
At a guess and quick look, its had replacement clocks in.

Pretty sure thats been for sale for a while too

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Yeah it will of been for sale for while it's been reduced from nearly £5k I think .
It's been in storage since 2013.

As much as it looks well kept, can't help but feel that'll want money spending on it if it's been stood for a while. And the sales guy couldn't explain the mileage discrepancy, but he did rule out new clocks . He did try to say there was an Mot mileage that was wrong, but it's consistently wrong for 5years from 25kmiles in '06 to 2k miles in '09 summits not right

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the previous MOT history, I find it hard to believe the mileage considering the fails.

Snapped springs, broken shocks, fucked wheel bearings, knackered brakes and a leaking exhaust.
How does a 6 year old car with sub 30K on it manage to fail on these items??

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Cup
Without genuine reason (I.E clocks broke at 20K, replaced with ones at 0K, thus mileage is 20k + whatever is present) I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole, sorry.