ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Driveshafts

Range Rover Sport
After a bit of help if possible.

Tried calling and searching online but can't seem to find a definitive / correct item.

Looking for ideally 2 new driveshafts N/S & O/S.

ECP have a cup version for N/S but don't list anything for O/S.

Other places only have 1 part number for non cup 172.

Anyone have any part numbers or suggest where I can contact to buy the correct driveshafts for a 2002 172 cup please.

Thank you.

dan's cast offs.
i've sold a few with the bearing carrier to people who've fitted them without issue.

shame you're not a bit closer, i've ended up with two spare new shafts.

Range Rover Sport
Ebay: 170612905846

So am I correct in thinking this would fit the 172 cup as well?

Thanks for your help on this matter.

dan's cast offs.
afik yes, think theirs are all the same length, they just supply with an extra abs ring.

PH2 172

I think most points got covered in that thread.

Alternatively you could bolt this to the back of 172 Cup block & use standard PH2 RH (UK drivers) shaft with support bearing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...690777&hash=item1a2dd588e0:g:0GIAAOSwo4pYTvC6

As far as I can tell all 172/182`s ( with the exception of 182 cup pack) LH ( UK passenger) shafts are the same, regardless of OE part number, given that all sub frames, wishbones (other than caster), and hubs/knuckles are common to all.

The final piece of the puzzle I have not found is whether the 182 Cup knuckles (8200437031/2} with 84mm o/d bearings have a different offset from the gearbox, requiring a different length shaft, or if the sole difference from standard 172/182 shaft is the 15mm ABS ring.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Clio cup/Transporter
Iv spoke to J&R today regarding DS20 and DS21 for my 172 Cup
J&R part numbers for cup shafts are DS20 & DS21 speak to lee an he will know exactly what you need.

@Midnight
Iv spoke to J&R today regarding DS20 and DS21 iv managed to get through to Lee and hes messaged back asking '1st to check if the O/S shaft is 2 piece supported by sump bracket'

Would anyone be able to help as to if it is or not??

PH2 172

Iv spoke to J&R today regarding DS20 and DS21 iv managed to get through to Lee and hes messaged back asking '1st to check if the O/S shaft is 2 piece supported by sump bracket'

He`s right, take a look.
With a car that is 13 years old, it may not be as it was the day it left the factory.

Clio 172 (CUP)
He`s right, take a look.
With a car that is 13 years old, it may not be as it was the day it left the factory.
Yep, I managed to buy a 172 cup with the wrong sub frame and front ARB on it. Thankfully now sorted. Amazing what some careless people will do to their cars.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
172 Cup shafts are single piece and don't have the support bracket on drivers side. The part numbers I gave earlier are for 172 cup shafts with single piece drivers shaft

Clio 172 Cup

ive literally just taken the engine out of my cup and drive shafts obvs out. As far as im aware its 99.9999% standard and with single piece shafts and no support.

Clio cup/Transporter
J&R part numbers for cup shafts are DS20 & DS21 speak to lee an he will know exactly what you need.

@Midnight
Hi @scotiamr2t iv spoke to Lee at J&R about DS20 and DS21 iv also gave him my registration and told him i have 1 piece shafts and hes got back to me saying he dosnt make the driveshafts for my car.
Can you shed any light at all mate??
Cheers

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Hi @scotiamr2t iv spoke to Lee at J&R about DS20 and DS21 iv also gave him my registration and told him i have 1 piece shafts and hes got back to me saying he dosnt make the driveshafts for my car.
Can you shed any light at all mate??
Cheers

I will have a look for the invoice when i am home later and send you a pm with a pic of it. Those are 100% the part numbers for the cup shafts that were supplied the previous 2 times i have bought them from J&R

Clio cup/Transporter
I will have a look for the invoice when i am home later and send you a pm with a pic of it. Those are 100% the part numbers for the cup shafts that were supplied the previous 2 times i have bought them from J&R
Would really appreciate it mate thank you.

Theyv got them listed as 1 for a megane and one for a scenic

Clio 172 (CUP)
Would be great if you could share the specific part numbers here also, I'll probably buying a pairing soon myself. Cheers

Clio cup/Transporter
Would be great if you could share the specific part numbers here also, I'll probably buying a pairing soon myself. Cheers

Hi mate iv spoke to the chap from J&R hes sent me the ebay item numbers which are

The offside one is listed as a Megane driveshaft but guarentees it will also fit the Clio 172 Cup.
Iv ordered both today and will arrive tomorrow for a total of £86 for both shafts and postage!! With 2 years warranty dont forget so cant be to bad!!
Hope this helps.

Clio 172 Cup
Interesting how one is for a megane. Let us know how you get on mate. Ill be after some soon too.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Hi mate iv spoke to the chap from J&R hes sent me the ebay item numbers which are

The offside one is listed as a Megane driveshaft but guarentees it will also fit the Clio 172 Cup.
Iv ordered both today and will arrive tomorrow for a total of £86 for both shafts and postage!! With 2 years warranty dont forget so cant be to bad!!
Hope this helps.
Thanks for posting