ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup rattle solved

Clio 172 Cup

Got my car back today from Suwinn Preston after 2 weeks!!!

Unfortunately the rattle when cornering has still not been solved fully; it does not occur on usual cornering (as it did before), but it still does occur when cornering with full lock i.e. round a mimi-roundabout for example. The car does seem to stick to the road more now, and thats one BIG difference i have noticed. Not sure what they have done to increase the grip? Anyway i was pretty pissed about the ratlling still being there, so i thought sod it, and tried what all 182 owners have been doing with the engine mount problem just to see if that solved it:

(article here: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=127495&SearchPagePosition=2&search=182&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=127495&SearchPagePosition=2&search=182&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

So i went out looked at my left engine mount and found that it was not centred within the black shield around it. I grabbed my engine and rocked it back and forth and noticed a slight clunking sound. So i loosened the bolts holding the black shield on, centred it up around the engine mount, tightened it all up, rocked the engine again and found that the clunking noise had gone. Anyway i went for a test drive to the places where i know the rattling occurs most. I was suprised to find that i didnt get a rattle!!! I must of looked stupid to people in the bus stop as i kept going back to the same places trying to get the rattling sound, but i couldnt!! I hope that it may have solved the problem(TOUCH-WOOD!).

I suggest that everyone who has had problmes trying to solve the bad rattling when cornering, or going over bumps etc should try this and se if it works, i think it has for me. I thought at first that this wouldnt work, as it cant be much to do with the engine, but maybe something causes the engine to move around a lot when cornering hard - and if the mounts not centred up right it might bang hard against the black metal shield??

Anyway i think its worked for me!!

what do other think?

JP