ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Spare

RS Clio 200

Im sure this was covered fairly recently but I cant find it anywhere.

Ive had my 172 Cup since June. End of the month Im going away for a week (in the car).

The post I saw on here got me thinking about the (lack of the) spare.

If I have a puncture will the two bottles in the boot get me far?

Would a standard Clio steel wheel bought from a scrapper fit? If so anybody any idea how much Id be looking at for a scrap wheel & tyre?

If I had a puncture and ended up calling the RAC would they be sympathetic to the fact that I dont carry a spare? (I am a member already)

Any 172 Cup owners out there have the same thoughts?

The bottle cannot fix the tyre in all circumstances so best get a spare IMO.

Yep any spare will fit and since you dont have abs there not much of a problem unless you drive like a nutter on the spare.

I dont think the RAC accept punchures though a few people have had them come out when they explain the problem about the car not having a spare.

cock mobile.

Youd need to check what cover you have with RAC, most basic cover will not cover punctures.

I think the smallest size alloy wheel you can fit over the calipers would be 15" not sure if that applys to steel wheels in the same way

I have a spare turni so dont to worry about this, maybe try source a cheap one on ebay or something, can always use it then if you scuffed up an alloy!

You can get 15 inch steel wheels although even if you cannot just get a 14 inch wheels and stick it on one of the back wheels and stick the back wheel on the front (this is what CTR drivers have to do). A 15 inch alloy or steel wheel will fit.

RS Clio 200

Thanks guys.

I think Ill make a few phone calls this week to see if I can get a 15 inch steel with tyre.

Remapped derv Golf

Ive got an alloy but need to get a tyre and bolt to hold it into the car as the one in the cups toolkit isnt long enough.

Just need to get hold of an old Conti

Anyone?

RS Clio 200

Sorted this out today!

Found a local breaker who sold me a brand new (never used - the tyre still has the "coloured pattern" on the tread) 15 inch steel wheel with a 185 55 Continental on it.

Taken off a silver 04 reg Clio they were breaking - £25.

Well pleased, sacrificing a few pounds in weight for peace of mind when Im away next week.