ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup to Meg R26

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Yeah, I may do mine next weekend...

I noticed with mine there was no gradually going, the pedal would just go? If that makes sense.

First time I was having a dabble with another car, couple of roundabouts, come to the last and the peddle just went.

Same here tbh mate couple of bends brakes where adequate then next min no pedal [emoji15] bit scary ain't it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
ATE 200 Brake fluid made a difference to the brakes got rid of the fading but the pedal still doesn't feel brilliant so next job is front pads.

Got a good testing at weekend on the drive round the evo triangle and round Snowdonia with the club [emoji106]

Pic stolen off Stockport Lee

d7de978884b6293aa09ed0ff37ffa420.jpg

Anyhow being out and about with lots of louder cars made me annoyed with mine so today I've been to a scorpion dealer to pick up an RS240 3" decat pipe. Couldn't be bothered waiting for postage as I want to try and get it fit tomorrow.

Will upload some pics and hopefully a video tomorrow if I get it fit within a day lol..

cfc866e075f8f21b9330e2c463fe0442.jpg

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Good luck, worst job I've ever done on a car fitting a decat to my megane.

Worth it though.

Haha I've been told mate I've got all day and a pit and a friend with patience; from reading if I take driveshaft out and pull the engine forward off the mount I should get it out easier. Gives me chance to check my cv joint as it's got a clicking noise ATM. I know it's worth it, just to be double safe I think I'm gunna book it in at RS tuning for a tweek and hopefully some more power, been thinking about getting 630s stuck in too when I'm there so if they have them in stock I'll just decide on the day.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
If you don't want the cat anymore, just cut it out. Comes out much easier then.

I was thinking that bud only gunna get weighed in anyhow along with the rest of my collection lol, hoping they'll all pay for the decat [emoji23]

330i. E30 Touring.
A few of the last comments surprise me - driving a mates 225 for a few weeks, i had nothing but confidence with the stop pedal!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
A few of the last comments surprise me - driving a mates 225 for a few weeks, i had nothing but confidence with the stop pedal!

Yeah they should be spot on. It's usually a sign of them not working properly if they don't feel right.

Usually a sticking piston.

Check the seals @K_McDermott and make sure all the pistons move out when you press the pedal.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Yeah they should be spot on. It's usually a sign of them not working properly if they don't feel right.

Usually a sticking piston.

Check the seals @K_McDermott and make sure all the pistons move out when you press the pedal.

I checked the rears when I changed them, they were fine; when I upgrade the front pads I will check all seals and if needs be refurb the calipers [emoji106] don't get me wrong the brakes work fine but they just don't have the stopping power I'd expect from brembos, could be due to being in a heavier car tbh but as I said my clio even without Abs stopped on a sixpence lol

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I checked the rears when I changed them, they were fine; when I upgrade the front pads I will check all seals and if needs be refurb the calipers [emoji106] don't get me wrong the brakes work fine but they just don't have the stopping power I'd expect from brembos, could be due to being in a heavier car tbh but as I said my clio even without Abs stopped on a sixpence lol

Just rebuilt my brother's front Brembos because they weren't stopping properly. They are savage again now!

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Wow what a shite job lol, 6 hours including driving round for an hour looking for C spanners and a dinner break.

Sounds mad now though, a lot louder than I thought it would be.

2c4fcf11140a0a9ea7d4354d5432adf4.jpg

101e6b2bc7afe19ae1af1d9b95748f0b.jpg

d10a4f689e0b663f56cba8b294cb2a5d.jpg

Will upload a vid soon, needs to go back to the people who changed the brake fluid as it's now loosing fluid and I've not got the time to sort

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Nice. Seriously considering one of these instead of my 172 as boost makes them a bit more appealing!

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Nice. Seriously considering one of these instead of my 172 as boost makes them a bit more appealing!

I miss my 172 but the megane in my eyes is a much better allround car, just be prepared to have some money put to one side as they have a habit of stuff breaking lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
ATE 200 Brake fluid made a difference to the brakes got rid of the fading but the pedal still doesn't feel brilliant so next job is front pads.

Got a good testing at weekend on the drive round the evo triangle and round Snowdonia with the club [emoji106]

Pic stolen off Stockport Lee

d7de978884b6293aa09ed0ff37ffa420.jpg

Anyhow being out and about with lots of louder cars made me annoyed with mine so today I've been to a scorpion dealer to pick up an RS240 3" decat pipe. Couldn't be bothered waiting for postage as I want to try and get it fit tomorrow.

Will upload some pics and hopefully a video tomorrow if I get it fit within a day lol..

cfc866e075f8f21b9330e2c463fe0442.jpg

Using ATE 200 and DS2500 in mine now. Great combo with the HEL lines too.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
This car is really growing on me now, it's deffo the best car I've owned so far, clio close behind but yeah this is awesome. The noise is ace and the decat has made it a proper asbo lol.

I was meant to have a cheap month this month with it being booked back in RS Tuning next month. But having bought a decat last week I've found a Gpi cooler locally so collected and fit it within an hour, nice easy job unlike the decat

Did a bit of pic whoring..

a7f4d980bba456830be95d39eda5fcf1.jpg

1328e92275cab93ef13264d06be360c3.jpg

34f7dbfbd30373a8a52385206a442522.jpg

761d7486b0a673135551c4ff85544f7c.jpg

I'm at the stage of killing a clutch now if I go for more power/torque, might just get them to tweek the map so it's fuelling fine, not too fussed about power now until I can afford the SMF and clutch kit. Goes well enough at 265hp

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Couple from oulton today..

8affe7ac0340ad7355695255b19ec6e1.jpg

3621a09a2cfbcc9276d81e324d686ac2.jpg

And thought I'd copy this video in here..

Few changes to come this month, trip next week to collect new wheels and then back upto RS tuning for a map tweek the week after [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Not so sure on those wheels TBH, makes it look less like a R26 IMO. Sorry dude.

Everyone has they're own opinion mate [emoji106]

And yeah james ultra rare 18" ones [emoji108]genuine Renault

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
With me fitting the decat and intercooler I booked it in at RSTuning for the map to be tweeked to suit the mods, good job I did really as it was leaning out top end so it's running slightly rich now which I'm happier with as I've heard of a few of these with melted pistons, unfortunately the injectors are maxed now so will have to stick with the power it is till I've done the clutch, SMF, Injectors and fuel pump, overall good result though, gained 4hp and bit more torque too, torque also comes in earlier which has made it feel more responsive so that's another plus..

Couple of pics as usual.

5ba6133fe050975733c74c43fd241aad.jpg

133b3d323549b1024ef153e44e66160c.jpg

Next up I think is saving for Clutch and SMF kit now. Big £££ [emoji30]

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Bit of an update

Took the car to trax at Silverstone

d51dffd1a627434b7c4580d73c3243a5.jpg

Also just recently got some PBS protrack Pads for the front in time for cadwell park, made the car stop brilliantly, all it’s needed, with the ATE 200 fluid I’ve no complaints about the brakes anymore.

d92db50b75e007933d691d6a57aeca0d.jpg

aff2b3820792b40af99eb3d870ab15da.jpg

ec01ada9724420539e56d16c071953c0.jpg

ee5b15747c252b3166ec452efa36b52f.jpg

91341a78db52577e3db162bce283773d.jpg

Still umming and ahhing about what to do with it, not really advertised it for sale other than forums and on couple of Facebook pages. Using it as a daily at the min and it’s growing on me. Preferred using my van though cost a lot less to run [emoji23]‍♂️

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
You'll be back in a Clio in no time, yeah they may not be as quick but they're a lot more fun!

Really I would like to try rear wheel drive next, looking at e46 m3 And a few other potentials, Clio’s are good fun but I’ve had 3 now and unless I managed to buy back my old 172 cup the only other one I’d have is a ph1 I think

Really I would like to try rear wheel drive next, looking at e46 m3 And a few other potentials, Clio’s are good fun but I’ve had 3 now and unless I managed to buy back my old 172 cup the only other one I’d have is a ph1 I think

Hope you've got deep pockets for a dedicated track BM, but I'm with you on RWD :up:

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Hope you've got deep pockets for a dedicated track BM, but I'm with you on RWD :up:

Wouldn’t Just be track dedicated I enjoy a backroad hoon every now and then would love one with decent suspension and brakes some recaro pole positions and an exhaust.. done really. Something that wouldn’t be a pain to drive daily if needed. Who knows yet anyhow meg might be staying lol not 100% on what I’m doing [emoji23]

535d / t5 caravelle
I like it on the f1’s looks well, no one seems to keep megs for A long time ( me included ) there just to capable. And coming from a Clio you end up missing the bloody things, and looking at them again. Very nice in black.