ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Oh dear.
New driveshaft is leaking more than the old new that I replaced after going to the Ring.
IMG_9809.JPG
IMG_9807.JPG

Gen Renault part is in the footwell now.

IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9799.JPG

Tyres took so pounding and heating from Gerard's at Mallory park too lol

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_9819.JPG

Can't wait to get back on track.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yep habit of working in the trade and getting em cheap.

Renault still do new ones got one already

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Just read this all the way through, its a very nice build ! also noticed your reg is BG52... mine is BG52... just need a few £££ and an RS2 Pms exhaust and I could build a replica !

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Just read this all the way through, its a very nice build ! also noticed your reg is BG52... mine is BG52... just need a few £££ and an RS2 Pms exhaust and I could build a replica !

Thanks bud. Funny the regs are the same, I've never noticed another one before lol

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Whilst I'm changing the drive shaft the rack looked piece of cake to change so ordered a PMS quick rack. Been wanting one of these for ages. Can't wait to try it feel like a big kid. :laughing:

So Pure rack
IMG_9866.JPG
IMG_9864.JPG

Pulled the old one out the drivers side wheel arch. Didn't need to drop the subframe

IMG_9880.JPG

adir

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Keep this updated please.
So epic..!
Really like to know how the quick rack is to drive compared the stock one.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Finally got the Clio in the garage to carry out some work :smile:

First off check some wheels cleared my brakes that I aquired

IMG_0075.JPG

Put track rods and gaiters on new PMS rack and fitted that.

IMG_0079.JPG

I had a woopsie moment with my side skirts so ordered some BYC skirts instead.
Started fitting them and got one side complete

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

Also found my alternator plug had snapped along with my power terminal for the alternator. Guess this was my starting issue at Mallory and guess it's the vibrations from my PMS mounts.

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Dragged the Clio out today for oil check and nut and bolt check for Mallory on Sunday.

Few changes most visible other than the quick rack fitted, new front 595 tyres and lost the passenger seat.

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

Once the Clio was done it was time to check over my ML and new trailer thentest the Clio went on with the bumper on.

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

Threw my daily on too

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

Last edited:
  BMW F30 / Clio 182
Just read this from start to finish. Hats off, the OCD must be tough though for that level of detail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adir

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
How is the quick rack to drive compare OEM one ?
Is it that much difference?
P.s
The car is pure p**n !

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
How is the quick rack to drive compare OEM one ?
Is it that much difference?
P.s
The car is pure p**n !

Thanks bud, it's epic to drive which is the main aim.
Cars not road legal so only took it around the block but can feel a difference, I'm at Mallory on Sunday so will see how it compares to September and report back.

Just read this from start to finish. Hats off, the OCD must be tough though for that level of detail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it pictures well for an old girl, the shell isn't as pretty as it looks but purposeful!

Dam that looks good!

Im needing some td 1.2's in my life :hearteyes:

Cheers
Td's 1.2 good. So light aswell.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Had an awesome day at Mallory. Was abusing the car all day and it took it all day.
Was so much grip and able to carry a lot of speed. Was maxing out 4th down both straights.

The quick rack was amazing. Had to relearn the track but after a few sessions it was spot on!

IMG_0802.JPG

Only issue I had was when I went to load it on the trailer. Immobiliser kicked in, fuel pump won't prime and it refused to start!!
Had to push it on the trailer in the end!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Glad you enjoyed the day mate. What makes the car not road legal?! Scaring me how after all the mods I've done to mine this year...

Cheers bud. Yours is coming on nicely. I Keep watching as I'm interested in a pedal box.

Mine tho, Just the head lift blanks I guess. Other than not giving insurance or tax and I won't be moting it again lol.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Well as the weather was so nice I decided to look at the Clio.

Ended up removing the whole engine loom and started taking the interior apart to remove that loom. Also got out my spare set of looms and went through them ready to put on.

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

As I started going through the old engine loom I found the throttle pedal had been wired directly to the ecu.

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Is there enough slack in the loom to pull it over to where your ECU is ? I remember mine being quite tight !

An idea to get yours out the way @Fletcher

I had to undress the loom and retape it all to get it the ecu there and have the wiring nice and tidy. But I had it all apart to make it tidy for fitting the RS2 inlet as well. Easily done tho

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Looking at the pics, it could do with either a touch more camber to reduce to positive camber, or add more castor. Adding castor is the most preferential way.

If your judging that by the picture with Porsche in, I kinda left the strut bolts finger tight 🙈
I adjusted the camber during the lunch break and rushed to get back out lucky first hot lap I heard a clunk around the hair pin and popped back in to tighten it. Lucky nothing else happened, but shouldn't rush these things!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If your judging that by the picture with Porsche in, I kinda left the strut bolts finger tight 🙈
I adjusted the camber during the lunch break and rushed to get back out lucky first hot lap I heard a clunk around the hair pin and popped back in to tighten it. Lucky nothing else happened, but shouldn't rush these things!
And the one at the hairpin mate. Flol!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Since Mallory the Clio has been messing me about and not starting and finding wiring issues I decided I needed to rip the complete loom out and throw another one in that I knew was good.

Few pictures of progress

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

Whilst it was like this I ordered a new gauge

IMG_0611.JPG

And tow eye as mine went missing at Mallory lol

IMG_0610.JPG

Any new loom in and connected hoping problem solved. But no.

Solid red immobiliser light, no fuel pump priming and guessing no spark 😢

Plugged my snap-on machine into it

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

Anyone got any ideas, I'm losing the will 😂

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
So no progress with my immobiliser faulty I got a spare ECU, UCH, key and decoder ring.
Fitted it all and the immobiliser started working as normal, red light didn't stay on car turned over over as normal and did stay and try to run. It didn't as it's a standard map/ECU.
Fitted my ECU, UCH and key etc and the immobiliser light stays solid and car won't turn over properly :expressionless:
Is something knackered???? Driving me mad lol

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Sent my ECUs to Chris at EFI on Tuesday and received them back today :smile:
Absolute mega service considering Chris said it would take a couple of days to get round too.
He swap my map across to my spare ECU which was an early PH2 ECU with old software on, so he kindly transferred the later software onto it aswell as resetting my immobiliser code :smile:

Can't recommend Chris at EFI enough, hopefully I'll be able to fit the ECU set and have no more problems.