ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ice upgrade

Hi, im a newbie here. I plan on upgrading my clios speakers, and was just wondering what size they are in the back, and if there is any way i can keep the display should i change the stereo. Its a Mk1 2000 clio sport on an X plate.

Thanks

Andy

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

13cm m8, and ye there are adaptors available for the display and remote for sum HUs

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

no there isnt m8y, if u dont want to upgrade ur head unit then u can buy converters which converts the speaker out put level into and low level RCA output. bout a tenner i think they are.

a lot of ppl will tel u not to bother wiv 6x9s as they arent very good, best thing to do is to upgrade ur front speakers to a decent set of components and if u want rear fill then upgrade them wiv coaxials

E87 118i

while were on this topic, if I upgrade my speakers, do I really need an amp for the front components, they are components as standard right ? and they work ok with no amp, can I just change to some descent speakers all around with worrying with an amp ?

Opel Astra Caravan 1.8

yepp... together with a new Head Unit, changing the std. speakers will make your sound better.

Though to gain max, an AMP is prefered.
/j

What type and where would you recommend you get speakers from?

How easy is it to install the converter to keep the remote and and display?

Cheers

Andy

OK im just gonna throw my opinion in here

Yes do amp the fronts - very much needed a HU of about 50x4 gives out about 23rms - if that, a good set of comps takes upto 100! youl be underpowering them, and getting little of ther pottential out of them. If you want info on how to do this PM me.

Good set of comps youll need to spend upwards of £150 - lower range of that go for dls a5s - good set about £160, if your looking for sq, i was advised on cystals when i was looking for my most recent pair, ive got some polk momos from last years range, can pick them up for about 200 (rrp 500)

IMO - you dont need to update the rears, rear fill is good, only to a ceratin extent, as it can become more than fill and mess up stageing. IMHO spend more on the fronts

get a 10" sub in the boot in a small enclosure - say a .5cb ft and a 4channel for everything say the mac attack 4075 (v good power rating are underated), 2 channels for the sub a channel each for the fronts, standard rears off the HU

As HU wise i would go for the 7894rb - last years top of the range alpine - awsome unit rrp was 500 - mcs do it for 275

Ive based this on a sq setup, on a medium budjet of about £8-900. I coved it a bit in the thread - proposed ice - for any more info PM me.