ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just thought I would start a thread, I have had a R plate 1.4, 53 plate 1.2 dynamique, 04 plate 1.6 16v, 02 plate BG 172 in the past, I know have an Astra gtc but an iceberg silver 172 project, I got it for nothing but needed a bottom end so just decided to replace the engine, I have brand new timing belt kit aux belt and water pump and a service kit, also treated myself to a stainless steel manifold and decat I am a time served spray painter so stay posted as it might change colour very soon!! I also work as a powder coater so have returned the alloys in black chrome effect

Looking for 182 Cup
Well done for saving it; really hate seeing cars being scrapped.

Will keep an eye on the project

Clio 172
image.jpeg
Sneak peak off the toyosports stainless steel manifold and decat, should also mention I do hydrographics in my work so expect a lot off stickerbombed parts ie alloy centre caps, dash trims etc

330i. E30 Touring.
Sorry to say it, but the Toyosport is a waste of time.

Won't improve performance, and won't last the test of time. Send it back if you can..

Clio 172
Sorry to say it, but the Toyosport is a waste of time.

Won't improve performance, and won't last the test of time. Send it back if you can..
I just got it to replace the old manifold and it was a decent price, plus I prob won't have it long enough to have any problems with it, cheers anyway

Clio 172
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So I'm going to do the centre caps of the alloys in a White basecoat with this stickerbomb dipped over it, won't be to everyone's taste but will help advertise what my work place does!!

Clio 172
Thought I would do a wee update, I'm not getting as much done as I hoped as just had a baby in November so she is taking up most off my time, I thought I would share a couple of pics of older clios I have had;
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This was my 2004 1.6 16v was a nippy wee car and the Porsche exhausts sounded amazing I done a couple of mods
K&n air filter
Colour coded engine cover
Angel eyes
Led rear lights
Flushed tailgate, front and rear bumpers
Set of side skirts
Porsche exhaust from cat back( c+c in Hillington done this for me)
Lowered 60mm on 17" bk racing alloys in Matt black with polished rim.

Next was my 2002 BG 172, I took this as part ex against my 2002 bugeye Impreza, was a great car and didn't have many problems with it, had to replace the back box as the old 1 snapped so just got a stainless steel 182 replica from c+c again. Only photos I have are when I picked it up;
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Clio 172
image.jpeg
So I ended up doing my centre caps today, painted them Nissan gold and then dipped them stickerbomb. Also don't the Renault badges in Land Rover corris grey with a true weave carbon fibre

Clio 172
image.jpeg
So here's the full effect of the centre caps on the wheel, I think they are smart but I know they won't be to everyone's taste!!

Clio 172
Just a wee update haven't managed to do as much as I had hoped as having been painting some projects for my mate, managed to dip some of the dash parts and the top of the front grill and sand played and painted my rear calipers
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Clio 172
Managed to get the suspension back on and built the front end up, going to get tyres on Friday and get the wheels fitted so I can get it in the unit and start the repairs
image.jpeg

Clio 172
image.jpeg
So got round to getting tyres and putting the alloys on, the suspension has been off the car for a while and there's no interior hence why it's sitting so high, definitely needs lowered though.
image.jpeg