ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brake caliper slider pins seized in! arghhhh

Clio 182 Titanium
Hi all,

bleedin 182 had killed its pads and discs due to seized slider pins, inner pads muched and discs now warped feeling when breaking.
so new discs/pads on the way but in the meantime I've dismantled the car and..
the bottom sliding pin on each front caliper had gone rusty and seized, one I have got out, the other... stuck in the caliper carrier!
I've pulled back the rubber boot a bit and tried getting some lube down there, even tried turning it with a breaker bar but don't want to shear it or I'm right up s**t creek.
any ideas? pics to follow,,,

Clio 182 Titanium
oh my days that was tough, managed to get it out, took 1 1/2 hours!
the bolts are quite strong but i didnt use the impact gun just worked it slowly one way then the other eventually with heat and all sorts i got it out.
could probably clean the pins up and re-use but got two new ones on the way, some some of kit from renault £30!
might come with grease if not what grease should i use, moly or multipurpose or something special?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Last set of slider pins I had that were seized, I held the pin in a vice and just rotated the carrier back and forth on it. Came off after a fair bit of effort!

I think the grease you'd be after would be something silicone based. I've used lithium grease before though without any problems.

I'd imagine the kit would come with grease though tbh