ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 eats lambda's

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I will soon be on my 4th lambda in about 6 years......
anybody else have this problem?

car is RS2'd and mapped by Fastchip, it runs very normal with a new sensor (no errors etc)
I have tried expensive and cheap Lambda's, no difference....

anything I should check?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
how are they failing, what are they doing or not? how are you confirming failure?

Without trying to hijack this thread, what's the best way to diagnose a failing lambda? My mpg is seriously bad at the minute, any other ways of checking if it's the lambda other than swapping them around?

dan's cast offs.
Without trying to hijack this thread, what's the best way to diagnose a failing lambda? My mpg is seriously bad at the minute, any other ways of checking if it's the lambda other than swapping them around?

look at live data/scope it and check it's switching as it should do.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
how are they failing, what are they doing or not? how are you confirming failure?
last one was no voltage when warm, others were heater circuit and not switching between the correct voltages
Usually when cold idle is bad en mpg is low I know something's up....read from OBD usually shows the pre cat lambda

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

does your temp gauge go up quickly and to the operating temp? mine didn't and was about 10mpg down, transpired there was a hole in the rubber seal on my thermostat, changed that and bang sorted