ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Several Front End Issues

Titanium 182
Hi all just a few questions regarding my 182 if I may :approve: The car is lowered on Cooksports, and also has Pure Motorsport solid top mounts. Since I picked it up from the previous owner it has been prone to knock from the front end when turning or sometimes when hitting a bump. Was told this was normal and just when the car was cold but I had a pal drive it the other day and he is running exactly the same setup and said it didn't sound or feel right at all! Also when I am at nearly full lock I get a horrible grinding noise while I am moving. The car is low but doesn't appear to have any scrubbing. I am getting the camber taken out from the front end next week as the uneven tire wear is quite severe unlike what I've seen from just 1.5 degrees of camber. Quite a few things going on here but I am hoping it might all be down to the same problem? The top mounts, springs, shocks, ball joints, track rod ends, wishbone bushes and inner and outer anti-roll bar bushes, steering rack bushes and inner tie rods have all been replaced by the previous owner around August last year so I can't see it being a worn out part, maybe something not correctly fitted?

Any help would be great

Thanks a lot

Titanium 182
Currently mine is left or right just before approaching full lock (and after this point). Can you also 'feel' it through the steering wheel too?, it's quite nasty!

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
as above, mine creaks also when nearly or on full lock, doesnt sound to good, im leaving it untill i refresh the front end next year, pretty sure its coming from the top of the strut tbh

Titanium 182
Ok so I will ignore the grinding at nearly full lock but what about this knocking? Is that also genuinely a normal thing if you are using solid top mounts? If so then I won't bother sticking it in a garage and wasting money lol

Thanks for the help