ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cabasse --> Aux cable help please!!!

RB 197 fatty
Bought an ipod/aux lead for my cabasse system. Came with some very helpful instructions however i came to a holt!

Basically, after finding the amp under my seat and removing plastics and eventually the big red connector block the instructions show two rows of pins.

The instructions have a row of pins with a plastic grid across them if you like with wires already connected in them. My block matched.

However, the instructions show the second layer of pins are not in a 'plastic grid' and the new aux lead plugs straight into this.

On my block, the second layer of pins are concealed behind this grid thing to seperate the pins so i cantjust push my new connector in! :mad:

Any idea how i do this? cant het the hite grid bit out , dont wanna break the pins either.

HEEEELLLOPPPPPPP MMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!:dapprove::S:(

cheers in advance. NORMY

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I was under the impression you cant with the Cabbasse?? I take it yours is the 6 disk in dash changer?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i'm 99% sure it wont. I know it doesnt work with tune point either

RB 197 fatty

1 - Pull up the clip holding the connector in place 2 - Slide off the grey cover 3 - There are two strips of connectors - leave the one with the wires in there - this is needed! 4 - On the side of the connector gently prise the stips on the side of the connector at the side of the empty strip 5 - Gently pull out the empty strip 6 - Use a screwdriver to clean the holes out at the bottom of the connector (this isnt totally neccesary, but I found it easier to make sure the new connectors firmly make contact with the pins)

storm force....you my good man, are a f**king hero! you may have just found the missing bit off the instructions i got!

i love you.... im leaving my dinner on the table and going outside to try it, even tho its pitch black!

:star:

RB 197 fatty
sorted! bit fiddly as i was litterally under the seat!!!

...and gaz..... it works!!!! very clear!

Ultra Red Clio 197
Hiya I'm having problems with this. I thing I have installed it correctly, enabled AUX ON but it's like my stereo can't even find the cable

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 192