ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 wheel fitment ???

clio 197
does anybody know what pcd and ET the wheels are on a 197 ?
the wheels are 5 x ? and want to know what the ET is so i can get some with a lower offset to fill the arches better.
i've already checked the back of the wheels but its not stamped on!
thanks jase...

clio 197
it is 5x108 et63 60,1
i am after orderen new wheels for mine 197 bud it take 6 week
dont no if any other car is the same size??

clio 197
cheers.
i kow now though that they are 5x108 with 60.1 bore because i bought some massive H&R 25mm spacers to fill the arches(looks loads better)
63et ?...that would explain why they dont fill the arches thats about 20-30 mm higher than most other renault wheels. .
most other 5 stud renault wheels will fit.they were all 5 x 108. with 60.1 bore.
jase...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
63et ?...that would explain why they dont fill the arches thats about 20-30 mm higher than most other renault wheels. .

Its because the front suspension isn't simply a Macpherson strut like Clios with the axis of the strut being the steering axis. The steering axis is a lot closer to vertical so the brakes have to be mounted further out and that makes a deeper dish wheel necessary.

clio 197

Its because the front suspension isn't simply a Macpherson strut like Clios with the axis of the strut being the steering axis. The steering axis is a lot closer to vertical so the brakes have to be mounted further out and that makes a deeper dish wheel necessary.
yeh but,the wheels nowhere near fill the arches.they could have used a lower offset to fill the arches more and still cleared the callipers,its more the shape of the back of the wheel spokes that determins if theyll clear the callipers not the et.
jase.

tiTTy & SV650
ET63, wow!

What are the Meggy 225 wheels? I'm sure I've seen pictures of a 197 with Meggy 225 wheels.