ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 ohm or 4 ohm

ok, ne1 lol, ive got a 1600 w pyramid amp, 2 channel, and am swapping my 2 pioneer subs to kicker ones, do i buy 2 2ohm kickers or 4 ohms, they both have the same stats of 800w max and 400 rms (which i dont think is bad??) but dunno which ones to get as new to this ice diy

thankx for ne help

can you give me all the specifics of the pyramid amp?? could do with part nos for the kicker subs too

if you do i can give you any info you need

doesnt really help with only random figures

hey man, thankx for helping out, ok the subs r :

Kicker: COMP 12" VR dual 4 - 12" subwoofer

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_64_113+products_id+1035http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_64_113+products_id+1035

Kicker: COMP 12" VR dual 2 - 12" subwoofer

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_64_113+products_id+1034http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_64_113+products_id+1034

And this is all it has for the specs in the amps book :

Pyramid PB1281X

High performance 1600 watt 2 channel bridgeable mosfet amplifier
800 watts x 2 output
1600 watts x 1 bridgeable output
variable hi/lo crossover network
variable bass boost (0 - +18db @ 60hz)
variable input level (gain) control
remote turn on/off
gold plated rca inputs
high level molex input
remote bass boost
S/N Ratio : >95 dB
THD: <0.04%
thermal protection
overload protection
short circuit protection
anti-thump turn-on

do you know what the power is for each ohmage??

of a website with all the info on??

the DVC kicker subs require a loading of either 1/2 or double the stated ohmage depending on if you have them wired in parrallel or series

why do they make this so confusing :) well them 2 sites with the subs are all i can get unless u go to kicker.com or whatever and the one with all the amp specs on is

yeah the amp will have different power rating at different ohmages

do you know who makes the pyramid amp?

its ok now

i have found their website and sent them an e-mail

i cant believe they dont have any information regarding to the different ohmages :confused:

very good price for the amp though $85 (yes eighty five dollars)

yea i just added it, heh :) u think theyd make it simpler wouldnt ya, heh, i just thought id do it as a little project to keep me busy, and am hoping for a bit of a difference from my 2 pioneers, r u going to the southend meet bam?

not sure

if i have a car by them, possible, but as things stand, no i will not be attending

ICE is not as simlpe as some people make out, yeah, it is easy to install the kit and match power ratings, but there is so much more than that, even i get really confused at times

lol, not gd :(, i was even considering putting rear door speakers in, and a 4 way amp for all the doors, but am thinking maybe not now hmmm

no, you have to do it

otherwise you will spend your time thinking "i wonder how it would have sounded"

the hardest part about installing door speakers is getting the speaker cable into the doors

hm.....can u not use the cable already there :) i was gonna do it, then take it to this place enar me, and get them to check it and re-set up the equalizer cos b*llox to that lol, and do that RTA thing, u heard of that?

you can use the existing cable, but i prefer to have things done thoroughly, replace everything

RTA thing??

getting a pro to set up a system is usually the best way

real time adui i think it was called, where they fill the car with pink sound or something, and it sets it up like that or somehting like that, how much does it costs to get someone to come out and do it?

yea its like, u no when ur setting something up and ull think, yea that sounds right, then 2 secs later, actually no it doesnt, this thing does it all so its perfect, do u want there number to give em a bell, mite make more sense to u

nah, id prefer to set things up myself, i always adjust the settings whilst listening to music as things are, so would be pointless to me as i would destroy all their work within a song or two