ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 with 4000k, coming up to 12 months old. Can't hurt to change the oil on it right?

Clio 200 FF
***edit, sorry for the dodgy thread title, meant to say 4k or 4000m. not both haha!

Hi guys,

My 200 is approaching a year old, and has only done 4k so the service isn't due for a while yet.

However, would it hurt to give it an engine/gearbox oil change before its first service is due to get rid of any new engine crap that has accumulated in its first year?

I don't really have much experience when it comes to how to pro-actively maintain a car, but I'm hoping to change that.

What engine, gearbox oil would you recommend?

Thanks fellas :)

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
Re: 200 with 4000k, coming up to 12 months old. Can't hurt to change the oil on it ri

i wouldn't worry about the gearbox oil, engine oil yes, we seem to be doing a lot of 200/197/225 etc at the moment which i'm happy about, easier to work on than the older 172/182!

Clio 200 FF
Re: 200 with 4000k, coming up to 12 months old. Can't hurt to change the oil on it ri

Nice one, thanks Fred! What oil would you recommend for the 200?

Discounted 1*2 parts

5/40 fully synthetic ELF evo

Lionel Richie

any good 5W40, doesn't HAVE to be Elf

Clio 200 FF

Thanks very much guys!