ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2007 Renault Clio 1.4 Cooling Fan not working.

Honda Integra Type R
Good evening,

Looking for some advice, i have a 1.4 Renault Clio that is overheating when its sitting still (have to rev it at 4k for a good 5 mins after it has reached operating temp) cooling fan will not kick in.
Stays at the correct temperature when driving

So far i have checked that the water pump seems to be functioning correctly
I do not know which fuse / Relay is for the cooling fan (hopefully someone can point me in the right direction)but i have checked there is no blown fuses + relays seem to be in good condition in the UPC and 30/50amp fuses in front of the battery.

Ive disconnected the coolant temp sensor checked the resistance when hot it was 373 ohms and as it cooled increased to 430+ so im assuming this is in working order.

Underneath the car there seems to be a resistor of some sort in the bottom left of the radiator cowling ive removed this cleaned it up as i couldnt get a resistance reading seems to be reading fine on the multimeter refitted and tested.

Cooling fan still not working. My next step i to put power to the fan and see if it works.

Is there anything else you can think of that i need to look at or even better can anyone supply me with the cooling fan wiring diagrams for the 2007 Renault Clio.

Thanks in advance.

Honda Integra Type R
Managed to fix this fault. Pulled the coolant temp sensor out showed signs of scale. Cleaned it up put it back in ran it upto temp and the fan kicked in straight away.

Problem solved.