ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2015 Plans for Scottish Members

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Or even just the ones that stay in Scotland!

As you may or may not have seen http://www.cliosport.net/threads/area-rep-reveal.761325/ we now have 4 official reps alongside people like Djw Dave and Gaz85 who help out or organise meets too.

So really this thread is to see what you lot want from us? More of the same? Something new, something old, something regular? Tell us as much detail as possible and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers
BenadetH, sburrell93, LiamR172 and me.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I would like to see some more track days , but know getting numbers is hard so may be worth joining up with something like the fiesta St owners club for a joint day.
If anyone would be interested in a rolling road day I can see Simon at Sitech to arrange something.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
There is countless days at Knockhill where 95% of the scottish members meet so IMO doing track days / evenings is done already as its all sorted amongst our selfs.

The French Car day at Knockhill where there was a stand was a good day and i think doing more car shows / events as a club with a stand would be far better and would hopefully get more members involved and let a lot of people hear about Cliosport.net and what the club actually involves.

A "Scottish" Cliosport.net club day with give aways / stands and anything else we can get our hands on as it seems to be all down south that it happens.

This might come across as very Chavvy and 17 year old like but there is "Huge" turn out at things like Livi Cruise (Large Cruse in West Lothian)
Now i would like to point out that I'm NOT into wheel skids and j brake turns be even if there was a get together at something like this with a fair amount of clios and things.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I would like to see some more track days , but know getting numbers is hard so may be worth joining up with something like the fiesta St owners club for a joint day.
If anyone would be interested in a rolling road day I can see Simon at Sitech to arrange something.

We'll take this on board mate, but there's already a lot of trackdays up knockhill that members on here attend. Or are you meaning club organised private track days, similar to what is organised by TrackScotland and the likes? For the knockhill organised ones, it's maybe just a case of documenting it better and keeping everyone a bit more informed about the track days that are going on. We'll do our best to get events set up in the Scotland section for when the track days are, and keep people up to speed about who's attending.

I do like the rolling road idea though. Sitech would be a great place to do it too.

There is countless days at Knockhill where 95% of the scottish members meet so IMO doing track days / evenings is done already as its all sorted amongst our selfs.

The French Car day at Knockhill where there was a stand was a good day and i think doing more car shows / events as a club with a stand would be far better and would hopefully get more members involved and let a lot of people hear about Cliosport.net and what the club actually involves.

A "Scottish" Cliosport.net club day with give aways / stands and anything else we can get our hands on as it seems to be all down south that it happens.

This might come across as very Chavvy and 17 year old like but there is "Huge" turn out at things like Livi Cruise (Large Cruse in West Lothian)
Now i would like to point out that I'm NOT into wheel skids and j brake turns be even if there was a get together at something like this with a fair amount of clios and things.

I agree with the French Car Day, was a great day up there but I think that was partly due to it being such nice weather. With outdoor events like that the weather can make or break it. I'd like to get more things like that going on though. It's obviously not always about specifically having 'car meets' (going for food, karting etc is good too) but it's an aspect I don't want to stray too far away from.

As far as cruises are concerned, if we can get enough people willing to go along, it wouldn't be too bad. If we had say 5-10 of us who were all happy to go along to a cruise, it'd be another chance for people to meet up, just with more cars to have a look around if that's your thing. It's also not hard to keep away from any stupid activity that can occasionally go on at them if we can keep ourselves to ourselves within the group.

Good idea on having a Scottish club day. A big yearly meet for even the more northern of us in the UK would be a fantastic thing to get up and running.

Something regular would be good so newbies like myself can get to know a few faces!

Don't worry, we are planning on doing just that :smile: keep an eye out on this section in the near future!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to seeing some plans. Lot less vocal people up here sadly, down south seems a bit more social than us. Logistics probably!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm hoping if that is the case @gally, then having 4 reps now will change things. The meets should end up being a lot closer to home for most people now.

Mid week stuff is a good idea. Would a monthly meet be something that interests you guys? Even something simple like going for a coffee or some food, which we would probably alternate between a weekday and weekend each month.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Anything that involves people putting their hands into their pockets generally fails miserably.

I'd be up for a run next year at some stage, providing it's somewhere interesting!...

E46 M3 & Ph1 172
A run would be brilliant. Theres a few amazing routes been posted on the GTS Routes App, have a look, some cracking routes through Scotland we could go for. Aviemore run starting at Gleneagles is one. Make a weekend of it.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Best meet I ever went on was meeting Glasgow way, I had my 1.2 at the time turn out was superb and we drove away up to Oban, was absolutely superb. Something like this would be interest me again

Arctic 182 & PB 172
I like the idea of calling a meet in each of our individual areas!

People just need to start saying Right, this is the date and where, lets go for it!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
If anyone in Edinburgh or nearby is up for a monthly or once every 2 months get together for either a drive or even just meeting in town or a pub somewhere for some food I would also be keen for this. Happy to take some lead if needed. Good way for people to get to know one another

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone in Edinburgh or nearby is up for a monthly or once every 2 months get together for either a drive or even just meeting in town or a pub somewhere for some food I would also be keen for this. Happy to take some lead if needed. Good way for people to get to know one another

John and myself are working on something like this at the moment [emoji6]

We were aiming at getting the first one up and running next week. Will see how that goes though.