ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

28/02/2010 - Ladybower

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Bed them in?,i`m guessing this means the same as run them in first,will do.
And yes a deffo on the convoy,but i only follow,dont lead.​

Audi TT 3.2
thanks for the pm curley, ill be up for meeting up then convoying up! were you thinking of meeting first?

200 Gordini
Im going to wait nearer to the time and see where else people are coming from.

Open for ideas though :D

200 Gordini
1. Curley (Coventry)
2. bmh.01 - Maybe (Nuneaton)
3. boomerbang2006 (Walsall)
4. Davis (Leicester)

200 Gordini
I was thinking M1 would be best but come off at junction 29 instead of going up to 31 like the route google maps gives.

Boomerbang2006 is from Walsall though. Would you mind meeting us on the M1 or would you prefer going the M6 way?

Any more ideas?

Audi TT 3.2
M1 is good with me! Ill get on the m1 at j20 so if you lot come down the m6 to the m1 then I can meet you! Yeh j29 sounds good as if we were to get off at j31 it takes you through the center of sheff!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Boomerbang2006 is from Walsall though. Would you mind meeting us on the M1 or would you prefer going the M6 way

Either way is fine by me just have to set out earlier if we are all meeting on the M1.

keo

Clio Trophy
Hi everyone i might come this if i am welcome, havent met anyone yet i am from stoke on trent

Audi TT 3.2
more the better mate! just keep an eye out for were we are meeting! were abouts are you from?

200 Gordini
M1 is good with me! Ill get on the m1 at j20 so if you lot come down the m6 to the m1 then I can meet you! Yeh j29 sounds good as if we were to get off at j31 it takes you through the center of sheff!

J20? where abouts in leicester are you from lol

Hi everyone i might come this if i am welcome, havent met anyone yet i am from stoke on trent

Stoke on trent is a tricky one.. can you show me the route you would take on google maps and we'll see where is best :)

Im working out some meeting points now so i'll 'BRB'

200 Gordini
Either way is fine by me just have to set out earlier if we are all meeting on the M1.

I was going to say for you to meet us on route at Markfield just past leicester on the M1 but it is actually shorter and quicker if you travel down a bit and meet us at Junction 20 where Davis has said.

How does this sound to you?

This way the majority will be meeting at the same point and we have a good smooth run to the RB meet :)

keo

Clio Trophy
Curley; Stoke on trent is a tricky one.. can you show me the route you would take on google maps and we'll see where is best :) Im working out some meeting points now so i'll 'BRB'[/quote said:
i dont mind meeting where ever is easiest for the majority of people, i havent the best sense of direction so will be relying on the sat nav lol

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I was going to say for you to meet us on route at Markfield just past leicester on the M1 but it is actually shorter and quicker if you travel down a bit and meet us at Junction 20 where Davis has said.

How does this sound to you?

This way the majority will be meeting at the same point and we have a good smooth run to the RB meet :)
That sounds ok with me,so its M6,then M1 and junc 20,have i got that right.

200 Gordini
1. Curley (Coventry)
4. Davis (Leicester)
5. Keo - Maybe (Stoke)
6. Tomo182 - Maybe (Coventry)

Megane r26
i'd be up 4 it chaps could meet u lot at east midlands airport services if u lot ok with it saves me goin back on myself an its on m1

Audi TT 3.2
what junction on the m1 is the airport services? is it j23ish the donington park services?

200 Gordini
Davis: You got a decent sat nav? Mine s**t itself a while back and im using my mums old brick and i dont trust it lol

Best rely on something decent if we're making a few stops

Audi TT 3.2
i did have a brilliant sat nav until i got made redundant on monday lol! ill try and get borrow one of my mate though!

200 Gordini
Here is the route that has been planned. Might be a bit costly in petrol for us coming from coventry/midlands!

Right, I've got you all a route sorted. Sadly I can't join you all, I'll just be there for the pub, but hopefully no one will get lost :rasp:

I've kept A roads to a minimum, mainly cus they're crawling with speed camera vans on a Sunday, and B roads are more fun. Part 1 takes you past Chatsworth house, and some awsome little back roads. The end of Part 1 has an epic view as you drop down some tight hairpins down the side of a valley.

Part 2 will see you round Buxton, avoiding the busy bits, down the A54, and back up to Macclesfield. From Macclesfield you'll then be going over the Cat & Fiddle, back towards Buxton. Then it's back up along some B roads to Ladybower.

The route covers about 140 miles, and should take 2 to 2 and a half hours. It can be cut shorter by skipping out the Cat & Fiddle though.

I've tried to include the best bits of the peak district in there, so I don't know if you want to print off a map or whatever, but some one at the front will need to know the way really.

One last thing to remember, two of the roads in this route are in the top 10 most dangerous roads in Britain, the A54 and the cat and fiddle itself, just bare it in mind and keep stupid driving to a minimum. No accidents please.

Part 1
Part 2

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Curley surely it will be best to drive straight to ladybower,i think the boosh is planning a trip and he`ll more than likely include the cat and fiddle in it?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Curley surely it will be best to drive straight to ladybower,i think the boosh is planning a trip and he`ll more than likely include the cat and fiddle in it?
Just ignore what i`ve written above as i`m stupid and dont realise the obvious sometimes,lol,ddddoooohhhh.

Audi TT 3.2
curley reading in the other thread they are meeting at the strines inn which is the new meeting place now not the ladybower, so we can still convo up as planned just to a different meeting place!

then they have planned 2 'drives' i think im going to do the first drive get some pics then come back as ill have my own sat nav, and looking at route 1 they have planned it kinda comes back out way!

what you all think? whos still up for it?

Megane r26
i'm still up for it an i might only do the first run too tbh especially if it kind of comes back our way an depending on how much fuel i comsume an the weather.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
1. Curley (Coventry)
4. Davis (Leicester)
5. Keo - Maybe (Stoke)
6. Tomo182 - Maybe (Coventry)
So is it the 6 of us then still meeting at the elms by juc 20,m1?
Just so i know for sure,i`m taking the sat nav anyway,need it to get me here,lol.