ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 day drive rev2

tiTTy & SV650
4683677474_51240ceaec_b.jpg

That was totally surreal! He moors his boat to a sewage pipe I think and was walking up the sewage pipe I was LOL'ing when I noticed him 'walking on water'

Have to agree the logo / watermark sucks Ally far too big

Aye that's the first knock up of the watermark I'm sticking on my photos - needs to be a bit smaller but needs something to be on there...

tiTTy & SV650
dont need a logo, just copyright and name / initial, doesn't need to be opaque either :rasp:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice! :D

Our car Club has a trip planned for later in the year (although we are staying in B&B's and hotels along the route). We are starting from South Wales, heading up to the West coast of Scotland, Skye, etc. and then enjoying many of the roads and locations you mention.

What is the fuel station situation like up there? I ask because a couple of guys are running tuned cars that ideally need hi-octane fuel (98+), and preferably every 150 miles or so... I guess it's worth packing a few jerry cans?

Cheers!

tiTTy & SV650
Very nice! :D

Our car Club has a trip planned for later in the year (although we are staying in B&B's and hotels along the route). We are starting from South Wales, heading up to the West coast of Scotland, Skye, etc. and then enjoying many of the roads and locations you mention.

What is the fuel station situation like up there? I ask because a couple of guys are running tuned cars that ideally need hi-octane fuel (98+), and preferably every 150 miles or so... I guess it's worth packing a few jerry cans?

Cheers!

Sounds like a good trip that, you can get petrol all the way. You can get 98ron on Skye, in Fort William, at Kyle of Lochalsh etc but I wouldn't expect 98 ron anywhere north of Kyle of Lochalsh. So if going to applecross and back over the pass it should be fine as long as you don't detour much. If you go all the way up the west coast you can get 98 ron in Ullapool and then again in Thurso which could be around 150miles apart I imagine (up west coast and along North coast) after that you'll get it at Inverness, Aviemore, Perth etc no problem.

They could just take octane booster and add it to 95ron if caught out?

tiTTy & SV650
Ahh could have been your tour guide!

Postcodes don't seem to work in that neck of the woods! Got the job with them too, but in their Glasgow office. If I'm ever down on business in the Clio I'll give you a shout!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a good trip that, you can get petrol all the way. You can get 98ron on Skye, in Fort William, at Kyle of Lochalsh etc but I wouldn't expect 98 ron anywhere north of Kyle of Lochalsh. So if going to applecross and back over the pass it should be fine as long as you don't detour much. If you go all the way up the west coast you can get 98 ron in Ullapool and then again in Thurso which could be around 150miles apart I imagine (up west coast and along North coast) after that you'll get it at Inverness, Aviemore, Perth etc no problem.

They could just take octane booster and add it to 95ron if caught out?

Mate - thank you, that's just the info I was after. I think the odd octane booster will be taking the trip with us but fuel sounds like it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Again, thanks for the reply. :D

tiTTy & SV650
Be prepared to pay £1.30 per litre if caught out basically, It's under £1.20 mainly though. Have a good one, if you want any route advice pm me I've done most of Scotland before.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Be prepared to pay £1.30 per litre if caught out basically, It's under £1.20 mainly though. Have a good one, if you want any route advice pm me I've done most of Scotland before.
Thanks for the heads-up. To be honest, the cost of fuel where I am in Wales is around the 1.28 mark at the moment so I'm not going to worry too much about it; I'm going there to enjoy it and enjoy it I will!

Thanks for the offer of route advice. If I'd known earlier I would have contacted you but we already have a route/itinerary and accomodation all sorted and ready to go come September. However I shall bear you in mind should I venture up that way again... which may well indeed happen. Thanks! :cool: