ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

35mm at front what about the back

if lowering 35mm at the front should i do one notch of the torsion bar (40mm) or two notches (80mm) i have 15s on if this makes it easier!!!

hmm, its not always like 1 notch 40mm etc.. I think the best way is to make it where you want, and get the bar in at the nearest point..

Daz.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Weird that i just found that post.. i had my car lowerd 35mm at the front last weekend, and the back is getting done this weekend, But i wasnt sure how much to lower it.. i think having them even will work the best.

The problem on an rt is that you cant stiffen the back in correspondance with the front so the handling will be dodgy anyway. Ideally you should get the back suspension from a valver or willy but ive no idea how much work that would involve.

-Rob

As nick said "never" have the back lower then the front. If you have dropped the front 35m then i suggest the back should be about 20mm - 25mm. I dont know the physics behind it but a car which is slightly lowered at the front then the back will handel better then a car thats level. also very good for standing starts.. alot of people put bigger wheels on the rear to even the weight ratio under aceleration. My car is lower at the front then the back and it corners lovely.

Clio 1.8 16v

ere my car is lowered 35mil at front and 35mil bak it looks lower but thats because the lower arch is set lower if u go of the sill my car is the same height all the way around here check my car only www.face-pic.com/wkdlad