ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Day Euro Trip, French Car Club Show, Spa

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I imagine some of us belong to more than 1 car club :eek: before Clios i was into R5 GT Turbos for a few years and still belong to RTOC :eek:

The french have a club also dedicated to all things turbo like the 5,9,11, Gordini so we decided to head over to see what it's all about. So a 4hr drive from Calais to Sedan in the Ardenne region of France last Friday, the show was held at a Renault dealership in Florenville Belgium on the Saturday where about 50-60 cars turned up. We paid to have lunch and a hog roast in the evening back at the dealer, in between was a 100 mile blast through the Ardenne region through the country roads.

Sunday we were actually booked to come back but thought sod it lets head up to Spa in Belgium, so a 2 hour drive from Sedan in France and we arrived in Spa. Chucking it down we head to a pub, surf the net and find a hotel 20 mins out and 5 miles away from the F1 circuit. So a few drinks and a meal Sunday evening then the Monday we head over to the track to see if anythings going on, the weekend just gone it was host to the Renault World Series so amongst the people still packing away there was a load of cars attending a trackday. A few pics later and the track shut for lunch we decide to head back to Calais, en route we decide to stop in Brugge for late lunch then the last 65 miles to the Eurotunnel at Calais.

A decent bank holiday of fast driving, a few drinks, nice cars. I've been to the Nurburgring a few times so this trip made a nice change. Thought i'd share a few pics

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012025.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012001.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012018.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012006.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012019.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012020.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012013.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012068.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012081.jpg

FrenchNationalWeekendJune2012115.jpg

Lumix028.jpg

Lumix021.jpg

Lumix009.jpg

Lumix001.jpg

Lumix008.jpg

Lumix004.jpg

Lumix012.jpg

Lumix015.jpg

Lumix023.jpg

Lumix026.jpg

Lumix027.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Was just right, the driving wasn't overbearing, the views en route to all locations were stunning. Bar the EML light coming on 45 miles out of Calais the RB performed superbly averaging 38.9mpg over the 4 days

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Jesus... I can only dream of that MPG figure. lol.

Glad it's running well mate!

Spot on, gearbox is great....Spax coilovers arrive in the next week... It's so nice to drive, and out of the 4 Clios I've owned this 1 has AC! Such a novelty!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Spot on, gearbox is great....Spax coilovers arrive in the next week... It's so nice to drive, and out of the 4 Clios I've owned this 1 has AC! Such a novelty!

Good stuff. :cool:

I had the AC re-gassed in 2011 so it should be chilly!

Phase 2 172 Sport
That looks like an amazing weekend. Some gorgeous looking 5's and a few MK 1 Clio's aswell !! Did it take much planning or did you kinda go off the cuff so to speak !?

Clio Sport 197
Doing a similar trip to this myself but also visiting the Ring! Looks like a great trip, car looks great too

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
That looks like an amazing weekend. Some gorgeous looking 5's and a few MK 1 Clio's aswell !! Did it take much planning or did you kinda go off the cuff so to speak !?

They do this car show every year and is open to most marques of Renault, copy and pasted from the french link below

This years event is the sixth consecutive the SANGLIERS ARDENNAIS has been held for the Belgian and French Renault Owners who live in the Ardennes near Sedan and is open to all RENAULTSPORT models:
  • GTT of course
  • R11,R9 Turbo
  • 21 2L Turbo
  • Clio 16S /16V
  • Clio Williams
  • Megane RS
  • Clio RS
  • etc etc...
As they belong to RTOC they invited us to come along, we paid 48 euros per person to which this gave us lunch consisting of a full spread buffet then a hog roast dinner in the evening. The 100 mile run out happened in between lunch and dinner, awesome. All we had to do was book the Eurotunnel and the hotel for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks like fun!

Did the car get allot of attention at the meet?

A few people did take pics of it, it was the only 182 there and over the 4 days didn't see any other 182s on the roads in France and Belgium. I saw a couple of phase 1 Clio 172s that was it.

Love it, RB sticks out like a sore thumb.... In a good way :D