ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A camera for fast sport for £250 ish needed!

Jap Shed
I take a lot of pics at fencing comps but they all seem to come out like this one of me
IOW128.jpg

the camera is a cyber shot 6 MP - it does take ok pics but the iso has to go up and the pic looks blurry.
it cant capture at high speed
i dont want to spend a fortune-or do i have to?
any ideas???

mk5 VDUB polo
can get the 7.2 mp one for £199. i have it, it takes good photo's. for really fast photo's you'll probably need something like an SLR with the propper settings/equipment but they are 500 ish

VaVa
No flash, tiny lens and relatively low artificial light will mean your camera will slow the shutter speed down to expose the picture correctly.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Its got nothing to do with the megapixels of your camera. In simple terms it all about the level of light.. more light = quicker shutter.

In a situation like that you would have to use a flash to supplement the amount of light.

PS. I did say in simple terms.

VaVa
Which with a compact will make his images very sharp and unatural. KDF is right on the megapixels. Won't make the slightest bit of difference.

Buy a new camera. lol.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Yes, but atleast they wouldnt be blurry. Which is what he is trying to stop. On a compact the flash will have two levels.

Off
and blind everyone in sight.

If you get a decent camera the flash can be used at various levels, reducing that "caught in the headlights" look ;)

If you can't use a flash, and you are trying to capture action that fast, in a room with relatively low light...then put simply you are not going to find a compact that will get reasonable results imo. A DSLR with a 50mm 1.8 is the cheapest way I can think of capturing that action.

For average results on the cheap then a compact with some creative control (i.e. a sports mode) is what you will need to look for, I'm not confident it will work very well though. A Fuji is probably your best bet, they concentrate on low light photography quite a bit.

VaVa
Std lens will be ok.... but the 50mm 1.8 is a very fast lens. Excellent in low light.

Although what you really want is a Carl Zeiss 50mm f/0.70. lol.