ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few (amazing) pictures of the old steed. UR Clio 200.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Niall's posted a few in his thread, but he sent me the whole set from Friday... and they're so nice I'm chucking them up as well.

As a few people asked in the other thread, the setup is new Cup dampers all round (old ones were on 60k) with new H&R springs and 25mm H&R hub centric spacers all round. Tyres are Advan AD08Rs.

Next up is the interior. I've been talking with Royal about an alcantara wheel retrim for next month, plus I need to finish the rear interior brace/divider with some red strap netting, R26R style. The rear is already stripped and carpeted, so that'll finish it off. Then I'll be selling the Sportsters for something fixed back; probably Recaro SPG or Pole Positions, but I need to see how I fit in them first.

I should've taken a video of the new exhaust too, but I'll do that when it's decent weather. It's just a resonator delete. Lots of rasp and crackles.

So yeah. Pics.

5D_37672_zpscjkueacc.jpg

5D_37691_zps5gzxsfpr.jpg

5D_37705_zpsiauprcau.jpg

5D_37714_zpsgdhjsul0.jpg

5D_37718_zps4u8zajwg.jpg

5D_37738_zpsqligsowa.jpg

5D_37932_zpsdyuk2qtm.jpg

5D_37955_zpsbatpekly.jpg

5D_37967_zpshoylkmn5.jpg

Last edited:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That looks brilliant.

My only change would be removing the rear seat belts, or is it being done when the seats are changed?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What have you done to this (excluding interior mods). My bro has an UR 200 out in Oman and is coming back for my wedding next month and wants some bits to take back.
Got around £1k to spend - what do you suggest? (needs to be fairly straight forward fitting wise as the garages aren't great over there!)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What have you done to this (excluding interior mods). My bro has an UR 200 out in Oman and is coming back for my wedding next month and wants some bits to take back.
Got around £1k to spend - what do you suggest? (needs to be fairly straight forward fitting wise as the garages aren't great over there!)

Honestly mate, it's very close to standard, as I think they look great with simple mods rather than bits stuck all over them.
Mechanically, it's got a drop in panel filter, centre box delete and the suspension mods I've listed above.
For £1k, I'd go for Bilstein B14s (£600 ish), braided lines and some decent tyres. I've done a little review on my AD08Rs in the track forum.
Stripping weight out costs nothing and makes a difference.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Honestly mate, it's very close to standard, as I think they look great with simple mods rather than bits stuck all over them.
Mechanically, it's got a drop in panel filter, centre box delete and the suspension mods I've listed above.
For £1k, I'd go for Bilstein B14s (£600 ish), braided lines and some decent tyres. I've done a little review on my AD08Rs in the track forum.
Stripping weight out costs nothing and makes a difference.
Nice one will look into that

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
...part of me wants Cup-spec black plastic side strips but I don't want it to look pikey.
I might have to do a Photoshop.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
:beers:

Never ceases to amaze me the level of care and attention to detail that go into your cars mate. The joy of owning from new and doing it properly!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
:beers:

Never ceases to amaze me the level of care and attention to detail that go into your cars mate. The joy of owning from new and doing it properly!
...you mean the never ending levels of my OCD. LOL.
Cheers dude. See you at the drive meet!

RB Clio 182
That does look brilliant, 200's look awesome in every colour, i really really like them!

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Does look a corker this. Home now to take a proper look and order some bits for my brother's
Might be a placebo effect, but did the new cup dampers make much of a difference? Think that's on his list
Also - as he is kind of limited as to what he can take back (in his luggage!) what does the resonator delete involve? Back box or mid box? He could get that done out there (or just buy an aftermarket back box)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What front splitter you got mate? Seen a few that are meant to be for a fiesta or a focus, or are you on about the oe rubber item?

Car looks absolutely superb though! Great looking car and fantastic photos.

Thanks mate. It's just a cheap rubber Rhino Lip one. I've looked at others but I'm scared of smashing them on a curb or track etc.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Does look a corker this. Home now to take a proper look and order some bits for my brother's
Might be a placebo effect, but did the new cup dampers make much of a difference? Think that's on his list
Also - as he is kind of limited as to what he can take back (in his luggage!) what does the resonator delete involve? Back box or mid box? He could get that done out there (or just buy an aftermarket back box)

I think so mate, yeah. To be honest, I replaced them all because I noticed a broken spring (which H&R replaced FOC) and replaced all the dampers at the same time. It just seems to cope a lot better now. The ride height is perfect and I've done the whole coilover route before with my 182 and most affordable sets are too firm for the road, despite what people say on forums.

The resonator delete just involves removing the centre box. It was £80 for me, with flanges so I can go back if I need to. Braided lines make a huge difference too, and they're luggage friendly!