ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A mini PC JUST for Netflix

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone got any recommendations?

Misses uses Netflix only on a shitty laptop which is plugged up to the TV but its old and keeps overheating

Anyone know any?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Anyone got any recommendations?

Misses uses Netflix only on a shitty laptop which is plugged up to the TV but its old and keeps overheating

Anyone know any?

Strip it, reseat the CPU, Upgrade the Ram and do a fresh install. Will soon be reet.

Nothing at the mo :(
Considered something like a chromecast? Probably a better (and cheaper!) option for what you're after.

Edit: http://www.google.co.uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/

Sounds like a awesome peice of kit!!! Only problem i can see is we sometimes use Netflix USA as they have more shows which requires a PC

Strip it, reseat the CPU, Upgrade the Ram and do a fresh install. Will soon be reet.

Tbh its old now and because its a BIG screened laptop it doesnt fit in the unit so its always gotta sit on the floor once its on. *And in the way*

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds like a awesome peice of kit!!! Only problem i can see is we sometimes use Netflix USA as they have more shows which requires a PC
There is ways of doing it on those, but it requires changing DNS settings in your router as they cant be changed in the Chromcast itself. Depends how much effort you want to go to really. Do you have an android phone by any chance? You can stream things directly to the Chromecast from any phone, but with android there's apps you can download that will pretty much let you watch any movies or tv shows online for free.

DCi
Buy a smart TV use it as an excuse to get a bigger tele in the living room and move your current TV somewhere else... Bedroom etc

Clio v6 255
No I'm using adfree time, all you have to do is change the DNS settings on the appleTV box and activate adfree time using the apple app.