ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Warning light fault code

clio 172
Does any body know of a solution this problem? The ABS/Traction warning light comes on at random and stays on. Once the ingition is turned off, the fault goes. I took it to my local garage who read the fault code but he didn't know what the fault code message was telling him. The scanner was a Snapon Solus pro, and the code was 78 Lateral Accelerator Sensor coherence. Does this ring any bells.

Cooksport Fleet
Hi, i have exactly the same problem as this on my 04 182, but over the last couple of days it seems to have sorted itself out. Also my cruize control only works on occasions which is weird!

Megane dci 130
Check your outer cv boots havent fallen off 1st. The clips go inbetween the sensor and the reluctor ring and bring the light on.

clio 172
The cv boot sounds promising, I'll take a look tomorrow. Sounds quite technical, where is the boot? Is this where the front drive shafts enter the engine? Didn't realise there was any sensors there.

Damn , drove back to work this morning and mine started to chime again.Boy are the stealers going to love me

I'll check connections to the loom tonight.

BMW M135i
Lateral means side to side so I doubt its the ABS rings/sensor, would've thought as its putting the ESP light on that it points towards the yaw sensor under the handbrake cover. Thats assuming your 172 has ESP?

clio 172
I think were getting somewhere now. The cv boots ar fine. If they were faulty then the wheels would be covered in grease. A couple of years back (under warranty) this fault happened and Renault did mention a yaw sensor, but at that time it was also randomly applying individual breaks (scary!!). Does anyone have any more info and is it possible to fit new yaw sensor and if so how much?

clio 172
Renault say new sensor is £370 but needs calibrating to the car, sounds like main dealer ££££. Unless anyone else is capable.

Thats stupid money, check ur ABS rings are in decent condition........my 172 did similar it was the clip on the CV boot tho, it was covering the ring.