ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ad08r cheapest tyre supplier?

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
See that pisses me off [emoji36] why are they different prices per different branches, please can you post a copy up of your receipt when you've had em done so I can show them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
See that pisses me off [emoji36] why are they different prices per different branches, please can you post a copy up of your receipt when you've had em done so I can show them lol
Yup, sure will!

A mate phoned up the same branch a day after me and was quoted £90 per tyre, he believes he might have been talking to a numpty 😂.

I have spoken to the branch on 3 separate occasions and the quote has been the same each time. I'm still concerned 🙈.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Yup, sure will!

A mate phoned up the same branch a day after me and was quoted £90 per tyre, he believes he might have been talking to a numpty 😂.

I have spoken to the branch on 3 separate occasions and the quote has been the same each time. I'm still concerned 🙈.

Yep but as long as you've got it there on the paper that's what you've paid you'll be able to blag them for that price in future lol [emoji108] win win

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I don't have it on paper yet :grimacing:, ordered on phone

Looking....
My local Kwik Fit have ordered me a set for £172 (195/50/15). I'm a little anxious they've made a mistake 😅, even though I've checked with them several times 😂.
Is that fitted? I paid £160 for mine and £20 to fit.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Is that fitted? I paid £160 for mine and £20 to fit.
No, extra for fitting. They're a rip at £14.99 a corner, but that includes a disposal fee that I don't need.

Where did you get them fitted for £20? Best I can find locally is £40.....

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Here you go @K_McDermott.....

IMG_7724.JPG

I could've had them fitted cheaper elsewhere, but happy to pay a few quid more for an easy life!

IMG_7719.JPG

^ for you @imprezaworks :wink::smile: (before I cleaned them btw).

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Had 2 kwik fit quotes, both 90 ish.
Will they match this price if they see this receipt you reckon?

Or is it try, see.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I do!!!

Truth be told I would've preferred a lighter colour, but I got them quick and cheap(ish) :cool:. ET35 makes such a difference to the 48.5 stock alloys :smilingimp:.

Tbh it will be the weight more so

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I think Kwik Fit stocks of 15" AD08Rs are gonna run low very soon :smile:. I might nip back for more sharpish :tongueclosed:.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
f**king told you. Didnt want to name my branch incase it was a mistake but some will do these tyres cheap.
My local branch manager implied it's fixed pricing, no bartering, it is what it is, the price is what it says on the computer :smile:.

Are they franchises with some price flexibility?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So if I show my local kwik fit that receipt they may honour the price?

Wouldn't need fitting though

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
So if I show my local kwik fit that receipt they may honour the price?

Wouldn't need fitting though

In theory it's a chain group isn't it so if one shop selling for one price a different shop shouldn't be selling for more anyhow, that's an actual document proving it lol not just like a quote, I'm good at blagging anyhow so they'll hopefully sell me them for that to shut me up, only need two though

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Happy days. Went in to Kwikfit (Hove) half hour ago and produced the receipt from above (Printed it off)

Manager said he couldnt match it, i said thought so- then started whingeing about a National company have different rates, he said thats just how it is.
He fiddled about a bit and then came up with £50 a tyre, add 14.99 for fitting. Thats a lot better than £90 a corner they quoted me a week ago, and better than 78 a corner Blackcircles have quoted.

Theyve ordered 3, (Have got a new one as a spare atm) ready by Thursday. However, when i got home am wondering how they know which 3 tryes to order as they are directional tyres. Ie, they taking a gamble on one of the tyres? Thats theyre problem methinks

Not putting the flags out yet, but its looking good. Have even got paperwork to back it up. Looks like this club could have saved me nigh on £40 for the 3 tyres.

Happy days

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Happy days. Went in to Kwikfit (Hove) half hour ago and produced the receipt from above (Printed it off)

Manager said he couldnt match it, i said thought so- then started whingeing about a National company have different rates, he said thats just how it is.
He fiddled about a bit and then came up with £50 a tyre, add 14.99 for fitting. Thats a lot better than £90 a corner they quoted me a week ago, and better than 78 a corner Blackcircles have quoted.

Theyve ordered 3, (Have got a new one as a spare atm) ready by Thursday. However, when i got home am wondering how they know which 3 tryes to order as they are directional tyres. Ie, they taking a gamble on one of the tyres? Thats theyre problem methinks

Not putting the flags out yet, but its looking good. Have even got paperwork to back it up. Looks like this club could have saved me nigh on £40 for the 3 tyres.

Happy days

They're directional but not sided i.e. They don't have a specified inside and outside tyre wall, so they can be swapped round to whichever side is needed [emoji106]

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Hacked off isnt the phrase. Went to kwikfit this morning (Sunday) after having confirmed they had my AD08r's in stock last Thursday, as per my written quotation, and they had ordered AD08s (No r)

Then said only 1 AD08R left in the country and couldnt get that for 2 days.....

It was the Manager at Hove that gave me the quote
Not sure what to do now, as they also say they cant do the price, even tho i have it in writing

Have already complained online, and will ring Hove tomorrow.

What a palava, feel like should just go get them for £78 at Blackcircles

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I must say I really don't understand the whole "must buy the cheapest" logic.

Far more to life than money. Especially stressing right out about saving £20.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
The overall saving would have been £52 if i had bought 4 (Compared to Black circles at £78 a corner supplied and fitted)
Bought 3, as it seemed easy, saving £39, which would have used for tracking check

Now they have just one in the UK, Ive called back and having that one. Then will take the issue up with Kwik fit H.O.

Yes- tis ironic i didnt want the hassle, then get dropped in the hassle to save a few quid
Theres a moral there somewhere. Was my choice

Also- I always go for the cheapest where possible (Depending on hassle) as it is more likely to keep those suppliers in business, and the pricier ones drop away.

Dont do Facebook.