ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advance CCTV setup Discussion

SQ5
The problem you have is the RJ45 ports on your NVR for the cameras isn't anything to do with the RJ45 port for your Ethernet.

They don't connect in anyway.

All your cameras need to be the same as the internal IP4 address, for some reason it looks like IP4 is turned off on your DVR. I would turn IPV6 off on your router and make the IPV4 Address the same as your router which I'm guessing is 192.168.1.***

If you've got a BT home hub you want that address to be .10 or anything below .64 ideally.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Ok to be clear at the moment the nvr isn't connected to the Internet or the bt Hh.

My plan was to get all cameras working then connect to the bt hh

SQ5
So all your cameras need to be the same IP pool as the internal IP address. You then won't be able to connect to them via the HTTP unless setting that IP as your gateway/DNS, but only if connected to router, not if connected to the NVR

SQ5
Your internal IP Address on NVR needs to stay at 192.168.254.1

You then need to set any camera that goes to back of NVR to the same 192.168.254.***

OR keep your cameras the same as you HH IP pool so 192.168.1.*** (254 is HH)

Then add them on the NVR as that IP still allowing you to connect to each individual camera.

To be honest my suggestion is a last resort and on par with using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut...but if you're stuck with the IPs, fundamentally you can change the subnet mask on your HH on the internal side to 255.255.0.0, default gateway is the IP of the HH itself, then anything with an IP address of 192.168.x.x will sit on the same network. Then you would have to reconfigure any statically assigned devices on your network to match the new mask/dg, and if desired change the dhcp ranges on the HH itself. All depends how eager you are to save the cost of a camera!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok thanks I understand.

two cameras I can change the ip addresses not problem, the third not being able to change is just an excuse to buy another camera :)

Sorry, delay in Tapatalk updating...ignore my post in light of what DannyR has said about the NVR being effectively on its own network!

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
I tried Hikvision recording to a local source, and I just found it was very admin intensive. I have now opted for a Nest indoor & outdoor camera. Its not the cheapest option, but it just works. I also do not need to worry about someone either stealing the PVR or cutting connection to the camera.....by the time they have done that is is already up in the cloud and I have been notified on my phone. If you want multiple cameras then the Nest would get very expensive with its annual subscription per camera however.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so just got round to connecting nvr to my BT HH5.

but am really struggling with viewing from my phone. ive got enable DHCP enabled in the settings on nvr, when I type the ip address in on my phone it seems to connect. I have to entre username and password, which again seems to work. but I get an error saying no plug-in detected, so cant view video.

downloaded the app iVMS 4500 but again cant get that to work, that seems to want ip address of each camera. but my cameras are connected directly to nvr so that doesn't work either.

any tips?

I just want to connect to nvr from my android phone and view

SQ5
so just got round to connecting nvr to my BT HH5.

but am really struggling with viewing from my phone. ive got enable DHCP enabled in the settings on nvr, when I type the ip address in on my phone it seems to connect. I have to entre username and password, which again seems to work. but I get an error saying no plug-in detected, so cant view video.

downloaded the app iVMS 4500 but again cant get that to work, that seems to want ip address of each camera. but my cameras are connected directly to nvr so that doesn't work either.

any tips?

I just want to connect to nvr from my android phone and view

Your only in Braintree, can I just come do it for you?

SQ5
Are you going to be viewing them externally too? I don't know how well the HikDDNS service works so if you need any help I can get you up and running with that

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Are you going to be viewing them externally too? I don't know how well the HikDDNS service works so if you need any help I can get you up and running with that
wasn't planning to, only on my phone.

last thing I want to set up is motion detect, alarms and emails.

will see what time I get this week

SQ5
wasn't planning to, only on my phone.

last thing I want to set up is motion detect, alarms and emails.

will see what time I get this week

But you'll only view on your phone when your on your wifi, not be able to put and about.

SQ5
You want to view it on your phone. But if you don't setup the router etc... you can't log in on the IP if your outside of your wifi

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
@DannyR do you have any recommendations for home CCTV cameras? I'm after proper HD cameras, 1 internal and 1 external wired IP recorded by my own server so don't care about SD cards and cloud services etc. Budget not an issue, I just want something that can be wired, good quality and will last.

I think you've recommended some before but can't find the thread, much appreciated.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
@DannyR do you have any recommendations for home CCTV cameras? I'm after proper HD cameras, 1 internal and 1 external wired IP recorded by my own server so don't care about SD cards and cloud services etc. Budget not an issue, I just want something that can be wired, good quality and will last.

I think you've recommended some before but can't find the thread, much appreciated.

Hikvision stuff iirc.

SQ5

As above, HikVision will do everything you need to do and more!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Sorry to hijack but I have a quick question ..!

I'm going to buy some CCTV for the new house, mainly because the garage is not attached to the house so I want to keep an eye on what's going on.

I don't think wireless cameras will work due to distance but could I use a power line adapter in the garage to transfer the signal to the house? The garage is on the same ring circuit

Cheers
Simon

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Hi Simon,

Yes that's no problem and exactly what I'm doing. Hikvision POE with a POE switch connected to powerline adaptors.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Thought I'd add an update to say that I've setup my two Hikvision cameras (powered by POE) and I'm pretty happy with them, I've got to run the cabling properly in the garage and wall mount the switch but that'll have to wait for the time being:

Driveway_zpsqauwlbev.jpg