ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice **RICH**

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Im currently just washing the car with autoglym shampoo with a lid of the wax with wash turtlewax shampoo in hot water....give a good clean....dry off then normally put on mer car polish.....its just if you look at my pic of my car its that blue that his a of purple in it when the paint looks dull but a tint of turqouise when all polished up.....is there any products you could suggest me to use when washing and polishing to keep the paint looking top notch....

thanks fella

regards, james

106 GTi
I would upgrade from the Mer first of all to be honest.

Depending on what shape the paintwork is in swirl and defect wise and your working by hand the car may benifit from a a going over with Meguiars Scratch X. Alternatively you could just use it in spot areas as and where needed.

After that or straight away if you don't feel it needs any of the above I would tend to use Autoglym Super Resin Polish rather than the Mer. Worked correctly applying a small amount to each panel and working it till it is nearly all gone you should get great results. The first time you use it 2 applications sometimes produce better results.

This leaves a perfect base for the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. This will add the the depth and gloss slightly aswell as leave a good level of protection to the polished paintwork. 2 or 3 layers over a few weeks will give maximum loooks and a good few months protection.

Both the above can be sourced cheaply from Halfords, not sure what budget you working to but if you want to gain the last possible bits of the look have a look into a nice Carnuba wax, I like P21s Carnuba on Blues.

The main bulk of the look you trying to create and all the hard work is in the polishing stages so spend some decent time in the prep. Don't forget to clay the car first of all if there is contamination on there washing alone is not removing.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
thanks....just wondering what "claying" exactly is...as ive never done it before and this is my first car so i dont really want to do a potched job...thanks james