ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aerocatch placement

clio mk2 1.2 16v
afternoon all so this is my first post on here, shocking i know :eek:penmouth: well i got some aerocatches at a good price from a good friend but i have newer fitted them and would love some advice from you crazy lot :smile:
so i want them to sit flush or best i can to be flush were would you all suggest to place them?
also pictures would be a big help

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What type did you get? Did you get plus flush or flush? There are two types.

The flush ones sit flush with the panel. Plus flush sit on top.

If you are fitting the bonnet make sure you have genuine Aerocatches. I can't stress that enough. I've seen FAR too many pics of failed catches with the fake jobbies. It failing is one of the worst things as fair enough your bonnet is damaged but then it flies into your windscreen and roof = instant write off if you're unlucky.

clio mk2 1.2 16v
hi Dan i got the plus flush ones that sit on top buudy.
believe me i have seen the story's about the fake ones to many times, i made sure mine was real plus they are still new in the packaging lol i read on here that the fake one snapped and bonnet went up smash the windscreen on the track as well

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_2017-06-30-15-14-07.png
hi Dan i got the plus flush ones that sit on top buudy.
believe me i have seen the story's about the fake ones to many times, i made sure mine was real plus they are still new in the packaging lol i read on here that the fake one snapped and bonnet went up smash the windscreen on the track as well
Glad to hear it. Well I have mine here as they line-up with existing bolt holes. They're not incredibly flush but I don't mind them.

clio mk2 1.2 16v
love the colour think its the best out there in my eyes, well this and the rb :hearteyes::hearteyes: but yours does look good thats the sort of place i would like mine but from the pic it looks like a little lip at the front not sure if it is.

i was thinking of having mine more towards the middle at the same angle but not sure on how it will line up under the bonnet
small item big job :tongueout::fearful:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
love the colour think its the best out there in my eyes, well this and the rb :hearteyes::hearteyes: but yours does look good thats the sort of place i would like mine but from the pic it looks like a little lip at the front not sure if it is.

i was thinking of having mine more towards the middle at the same angle but not sure on how it will line up under the bonnet
small item big job :tongueout::fearful:
It's not petrol blue btw haha. If that's what you mean?

172 Ph1
IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

You can see pretty much see where you are limited to where the catches will finally sit , due to limited space unless you use brackets off the original two bolts the hold down the slam panel . Note the slam panel will need removing for this to be carried out.

Ph2 has a similar if not identical front panel , although you prob know my bonnet is different.

clio mk2 1.2 16v
View attachment 192112

View attachment 192113

View attachment 192114

You can see pretty much see where you are limited to where the catches will finally sit , due to limited space unless you use brackets off the original two bolts the hold down the slam panel . Note the slam panel will need removing for this to be carried out.

Ph2 has a similar if not identical front panel , although you prob know my bonnet is different.

i can see what you mean mine is a ph2 so going to have a play this weekend i have got a spare bonnet to test on before cutting mine so im hoping this will turn out ok wish me luck :smile::smile:😊