ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG ACTIVE INSECT REMOVER

Another post from me :laugh: :laugh:

As above is this stuff any good ?

As i've got a bottle of this aswell in my box of cleaning stuff, and never used it.

Would it be same idea as Speed detailer ?

Is it polish safe as well ?

And how do people use it ?

Spray on,soak and wipe off...

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Not a replacement for a Quick Detail Spray.

I have had a bottle for a year or so but never used it!

RB 182
I've used the 1Z version before but was reluctant to leave it on for too long, seemed to work but left the car smelling like disinfectant.

Clio 182
It works fairly well - but the problem I find is that you have to use far too much of it so it doesn't last very long (I do a lot of miles though, and so regularly end up with a front bumper with more bugs than paint on it!)

Its better than rubbing lots with a sponge or mitt for the paintwork though!

I think i'll give it to one of my mates or my dad to use. :)

And stick with my wash mitt :)

If you have to use loads of it :dapprove:

172 gone :( 197 now :)
When you wash your car before you wash the front end spray all over bug deposits then wash front end as normal with wash mitt and shampoo works a treat will get all the bugs that shampoo and wash mitt wont remove but as said a bottle doesnt last very long! perhaps 6 washes at most! Too expensive but does work well and i love the smell its lush!!

ff silver 182
Hi rich, i got a nice little scratch on my back bumper courtesy of the dealership in Ross:mad::mad:.What is the best way of repairing it ,it has scraped down to the black.

106 GTi
Get them to pay! ChipsAway may be able to sort it unless you want to try and fill it with touch up and wet sand it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Dealerships should conduct an inspection whenever you leave your car with them to avoid this kind of situation - no doubt they will dispute it, or won't admit to it as you have noticed after leaving unfortunately.

The Chips Away people who worked on my car before I purchased it did a really poor job, I have used a guy who works for BMW and Maranello and he did a much better job at fixing this, but he charges quite a lot. I would always use a bodyshop unless its for real minor things unless I was going with a pro. Chips Away are a bit hit and miss IMO.

Shed.
personally i use meg's nxt gen car wash s**t, a lambs wool wit which i bought from halfrauds and a bit of good hard manual labour. Works a treat.

106 GTi
Megs NXT Wash is strong enough to strip wax, so flys should come off easily at the same time!

On a well waxed/sealed paintwork car shampoo is all I ever need.

Shed.
Megs NXT Wash is strong enough to strip wax, so flys should come off easily at the same time!

On a well waxed/sealed paintwork car shampoo is all I ever need.

i use it all the time lol. i think its time for wax and seal dont you ?!

ps. where is your bible on cleaning ? didnt it get stickied?

Shed.

Excelent thanks. Any chance you could reccomend me a good car shampoo please ? ive been using ther megs universal paint stripper for a while now and allthough, in my opinion, it comes up a treat and even makes me like my car slightly, i could do with somehting a little less, "paint stripping" :)
. I will be popping down to halfrauds within the next week for some AG bumper care. and possibly some other exciting car products.

second thing -

you said use foam to apply wax ? how do you mean by foam lol ?

106 GTi
Foam hand pad. - Like the Megs round yellow ones.

Shampoo's Wise:

In Bulk sizes:

Shampoo Plus

182 Gets either:

Swissvax Car Bath
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Duragloss Wash

Shed.
think ill grab some of the megs bullk s**t. Id try swissvax but its so dam expensive. gunna go to halfrauds and get a paint stick too.

i dont need a PC to use the foam pads, do i ?