ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light MOT failure and fixed

Clio, Rover 75
Hi all,
Just wanted to post a thanks as i found the solution on this forum.

I bought an 02 plate clio dynamique for my mother. It was a CAT C repaired but in very good condition no obvious repairs etc and a cheapish price of 500 quid. Airbag light was on but never thought about the new MOT requirements.

Failed:
There were a few mechanicals which my local garage fixed and he diagnosed the faults:
Pretensioners buckle circuit passenger open circuit.
Front thorax side airbag circuit open circuit,
Rear side inertia reel passenger open circuit
ECU supply voltage too low
ECU locked following impact.

So obviously been like this since its accident in 2008.

Renault quote 350 - 400 estimate!!!!!

Got on the internet and found you guys.
Ordered some resistors from ebay followed the diagrams and pictures from the guys who know about pretensioners
particularly liked the guy who suggeseted using block connectors so no soldering required.

Sent the ECU off to Steve Berry from Ebay.

Got it back this morning - fitted it. Crossed legs fingers prayed a little and oh yes it worked. raced up to MOT station to get it retested just in case something happened but it has now passed.

Even the passenger disabled light works.

So OK the passenger side really needs new seat belts but ive turned passenger airbag off anyway and no one in their right minds will go in the car with mother driving.

So thanks again all.

Guy