ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Module... Handbrake wire??

Gents,

I'm in the middle of stripping the airbag Wiring out of the Clio, but the handbrake warning light wire, is wrapped in all of that wiring.

Do I need to trace this back and have it plugged in or can I get rid of it?

Cheers

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Mine doesn't, I stripped it out of the airbag loom and then forgot to reconnect it, no warning lights showing

i have removed all airbag wiring, heater wiring and stereo related wiring from 2 PH1 cars in the past month. On both occasions the wiring going to the handbrake warning light not being connected threw up the stop light on the dash. Are PH2's different i assume then?

172 Ph1
i have removed all airbag wiring, heater wiring and stereo related wiring from 2 PH1 cars in the past month. On both occasions the wiring going to the handbrake warning light not being connected threw up the stop light on the dash. Are PH2's different i assume then?

I've done all the above in my Ph1 and I decided to leave the wire in , just cut and pulled the loom out at the left side of the dash .
Seems legit [emoji12]

Clio 172 Merc ML55

Possibly but I couldn't say for sure, I know my stop light works as it came on when my alternator blew, may just put it down to being French, seems to explain most things ;)

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I've done all the above in my Ph1 and I decided to leave the wire in , just cut and pulled the loom out at the left side of the dash .
Seems legit [emoji12]

Can all this wiring be cut out without in any problems?