ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm/central locking

chris carenduff

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 clio 197
Hi all, soz if asked before! I have a 172 cup road/track car and when you unlock the car ( if ignition not switched on) it locks itself after about 30 seconds to 1 minute anyone have this issue and what you did to rectify it ? When I went to buy it the chap I was buying it off did not highlight the issue and the keys got locked in the car with it running lmao!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Right, bare with me...

On a standard car (not messed with) the car will automatically lock if it's been unlocked remotely but the doors haven't been opened. It's a safety feature so that the car remains locked even if you unlock it by mistake.

Of your car is locking even when you open a door and get in it, then somewhere along the line someone has permanently closed a circuit somewhere. Be it an interior light or a door/boot sensor.
So that now you are unlocking it and getting in it, but the car thinks all the doors have remained shut so it locks itself again.

If I was you I'd be checking all 4 door sensors (two doors, bonnet and boot) and all of the interior lights including the one in the boot.

Hope that helps.

chris carenduff

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 clio 197
Yeah m8! Exactly what you said is what is happening, it's like I unlock the car and don't open a door and after 30 seconds to 1 minute it locks itself although in my case even if I open a door the car locks lol! You can imagine the panic when I forget and close door with the car running for me to run back like a maniac to beat the f**king thing locking itself!! Makes alot of sense what you have said , il def have a go at that . Thanks daniel .