ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm - good price / deal

172 M69 eater

iv got a 1.2 rl no central lockin

and i spoke to bloke today and 265 quid i can have a cat 1 alarm (metasystem!!! - dont know what they r like) and central lockin installed. Is this a good deal or should i spend a bit more n get a toad or some thin?

patty

if its cat one its a very good deal ! what is the model number of the alarm ?! and is the fitter MESF or VISBA approved ? if not it doesnt matter if its cat one, it has to be fitted by an approved fitter.

172 M69 eater

yeh hes thatcham approved, gives all the certificates for your insurance n all that. not sure bout the model but if its a cat one itll have a fair few features i guess. have to do a bit more diggin n find out exactly

patty

Sounds like a pretty good deal Patty, my old toad cost me £300 + then about £120 extra for central locking!! If its Thatcham one it sound be decent.
Hope that helps!

Jon

:oops::p:oops:

The guy is fitting to my car right now, paid an extra £30 for total closure.. Its taking ages though, and it hurts to see my new baby in pieces! :eek:

Just be aware that a thatcham cat. 1 rating does not guarantee that it will be a brilliant system.

Autowatch are cat.1 and are pretty pants to be honest.