ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Refirbs in Essex

Hi people can anyone recommend a good alloy wheel refirb company you might have had experience with, or even the ones to avoid.

BMW 1 Series
I got my ST ones done at Paint It UK (Just outside billericay), Cost me £180 for all 4, done within 6/7 hours, and those are 17" wheels.

Would definitely recommend the lad Ash who did mine, proper nice bloke too!
www.paintituk.com - 07763661990

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
I have used JP Polishing when I had my Wheels on my Fiesta Refurbed.
http://www.essexalloywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/

There based on Charfleets Industrial Estate on Canvey Island near the Camping and General shop.
Cost me £150 for my 4 alloys to be done, consisted off all curb marks welded, powdercoated Gloss black and the tyres taken off and on and also the wheels balanced when they were finished.
Guys name is John - 01268 680245

SG9 Forester STi
Cheers ppl.

Why is that vicky?

The car didn't feel right as I was driving away. Lots of wobble through the brake pedal and handbrake so took it back - kid looked about 17 and checked it over said if it happens again call the boss monday.

I drove home to basildon doing around 30mph with my dad in front (had dropped me to get the car). Overtook him just near home and he went crazy on the horn telling me to stop.

They forgot to do the wheel nuts up and my wheel was about to fall off! Dread to think if I'd have done 70 on the A127! The refurb itself hasn't faired well either :(.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The car didn't feel right as I was driving away. Lots of wobble through the brake pedal and handbrake so took it back - kid looked about 17 and checked it over said if it happens again call the boss monday.

I drove home to basildon doing around 30mph with my dad in front (had dropped me to get the car). Overtook him just near home and he went crazy on the horn telling me to stop.

They forgot to do the wheel nuts up and my wheel was about to fall off! Dread to think if I'd have done 70 on the A127! The refurb itself hasn't faired well either :(.
So there work was ok?
Just about to get my PH1 172 wheels done....

SG9 Forester STi
No the refurb started chipping away and I'm left with chip holes in the wheels. This happened a few months after getting them done.

I'd avoid if I were you. They look shiny and new at first but it doesn't last.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers for that, who else does a top class job?
Im not in a rush for the wheels back, but want them to be perfect with powder coating every where and no dry bits...