ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Refurb...

BMW M3

Bug*er... just went and kerbed my alloy on a pavement while watching out for a dog !!!:mad: Just wondering if anybody knows how much this would cost to get looking good as new. I live in East Lothian and work in Edinburgh so anywhere around there would be ideal... Three of the spokes on the standard non-cup 182 alloy is scratched and a forth from when i lent my dad the car !!!

Would i be able to get a replacment alloy from the company while the work was being done by any chance..? And i take it that kerbing it slightly wouldnt affect the tracking... steering is still fine.

Thanks.... jus

54 astravan 1.7tdci

Quote: Originally posted by Justin182 on 09 September 2005

Bug*er... just went and kerbed my alloy on a pavement while watching out for a dog !!!:mad: Just wondering if anybody knows how much this would cost to get looking good as new. I live in East Lothian and work in Edinburgh so anywhere around there would be ideal... Three of the spokes on the standard non-cup 182 alloy is scratched and a forth from when i lent my dad the car !!!

Would i be able to get a replacment alloy from the company while the work was being done by any chance..? And i take it that kerbing it slightly wouldnt affect the tracking... steering is still fine.

Thanks.... jus
oh yeah blame the dog.:p

BMW M3

^^^ lol.... yeah well, i am usually really carefull when it comes to my car but i also like dogs and wouldnt want to run it over..lol So wheel refurb it is then...

Golf R/Leon FR

not sure about a place in your area but a place near me gives you a replacement alloy although it wouldnt be a 182 alloy.

BMW M3

^^^ Dont mind about the 182 alloy, as long as its the right size. Where about do you stay, too far for me to drive...?

S2000

I know that DJW_dave off the forum (who is from around the edinburgh area) had some alloys refurbished not long ago but Im not too sure of where he got them done. You could do a search of previous posts as there were a few posts about it or Im sure you could PM him to find out. There are a few of us from the Edinburgh area on the site so Im sure someone will be able to help you a bit more.

BMW M3

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 10 September 2005

I know that DJW_dave off the forum (who is from around the edinburgh area) had some alloys refurbished not long ago but Im not too sure of where he got them done. You could do a search of previous posts as there were a few posts about it or Im sure you could PM him to find out. There are a few of us from the Edinburgh area on the site so Im sure someone will be able to help you a bit more.
Cheers... i will try to PM dave...

Golf R/Leon FR

Quote: Originally posted by Justin182 on 10 September 2005

^^^ Dont mind about the 182 alloy, as long as its the right size. Where about do you stay, too far for me to drive...?
im from middlesbrough dude about 150 ish miles i think

£30 for a alloy touch up, i got mine done by revive looks as good as new to me. Takes about 30 minures and no need to remove the alloy. i guess it depends how bad it it???? dont forget to get your tracking looked at as well as knocks like that can knock it off.