ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aluminium Radiators

Grats

ClioSport Club Member
  Rally Car
I've got a Golf GTi one to suit ITBs, found it to be good quality. Had to bid on several to get one at right price.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
@Arran_ do you have any photos of it fitted, and did you use the standard fan?

@Grats the golf one needs modding doesn't it?
Some 10mm pegs need welding on the bottom and a pipe needs to be re welded on at a angle and something plugged up is that correct

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

@Grats the golf one needs modding doesn't it?
Some 10mm pegs need welding on the bottom and a pipe needs to be re welded on at a angle and something plugged up is that correct
Mines a golf one mate. Piece of piss to adjust.
The clio specific rads run with the oe fan and mounts

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You got any photos of what you did to yours with it off the car?
Is the Golf one a bigger core, or it it just a case of it being shorter
None off the car, but I'm getting one done for @Martin. that will be ready this week.
Golf rad is same width as the clio one but not as tall. It's a 40mm thick core though, but so is the clio specific one. Golf rad is ideal if your considering itbs or rs2 xtra at some point in the future.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member

Standard fan fits perfect mate, as does the rad itself.

17137241160_f57ab9a128_z.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
What is the rough cost for all the bits that need doing? I can't weld ally as we only have a DC TIG welder.

What's the differences between the AC and non AC Clio rads is it just the mounting bracket for the condenser?
Including buying the pipe to weld on to the bottom of the rad to alter the pipe angle your looking at about £50, but it all depends on what your welder charges you tbh. You don't need to alter the bottom hose pipe btw, I just chose to do it from an ocd point of view.

The differences between the 2 Clio specific rads are the condenser and fan mounts and also the size. The cup rad is slightly smaller mate.