ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amateur Detailer

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Any amateur detailers in Yorkshire fancy having a crack at my Rallye? It's got some serious swirl issues that I don't have the skills or tools to tackle it.

Ill give beer, cider, cash or hand jobs in payment.

Thanks.

Last edited:
  pimp mobile Zafira
You can have a bash with my rotary if you want. Don't have much left in the way of polish etc but should be enough.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's not exactly hard if you read up on it first and take your time. I'd say it'd take some stupidity to damage your car polishing with a DA.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
With a DA you're most likely to damage if you catch the backing pad or let the machine slip out your hands. You would have to hold it in the exact same position for some time to seriously damage the paint.

​I practiced some wet sanding etc on spare panels and even though I was being careless and holding the machine in the same spot to see what happened it never damaged the paint. Probably took a lot of lacquer off though so obviously not ideal.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you set out to throw the DA at the car, you won't damage the paint.

If you cover the postage you're more than welcome to borrow my DA/pads/polish.

RS200 & PH2 172
If Paul will let us run an extension and weather decent..... Ya can have a blast with my DA, if I manage to bring the 172 with me ya can even have a bash on that, guaranteed not to be able to do any damage and if ya do I can colour it in with a permanent marker lol