ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still using Paradox.

I am finding it difficult to get hold of new movies now though. 6 months ago, you could generally find decent quality movies a couple of weeks after release. These days it takes much, much longer - if at all. For instance, there's not even a Cinema copy of the David Brent movie that I can find yet.

Clio 197
Anyone else have the issue with the auto resolution dropping the display periodically? (Normally when the sticks been asleep).

PITA having to keep cycling through the available resolutions until 720p comes round. I have an old tv too

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still using Paradox.

I am finding it difficult to get hold of new movies now though. 6 months ago, you could generally find decent quality movies a couple of weeks after release. These days it takes much, much longer - if at all. For instance, there's not even a Cinema copy of the David Brent movie that I can find yet.

To be fair, that's more of a bonus that a drawback :wink:

Monaco 172
Sorry im a total noob when it comes to these kinds of things... We're looking to sack off our virgin as its a monumental waste of money, get a freeview plus box and get one of these with kodi on it. My question is, Im a walking dead fan. Is fox available to watch on it?

Thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone else lost UK Turk? Is was working fine Sunday, but it now says playlist error and there are no TV shows of any kind anymore.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Getting annoyed with Kodi recently, not so much Kodi, but the add-ons, they're all broken, and even the ones left working seem to have lost loads of sources.

You go through all the major sources, IceFilms, cCloud, Channel Pear, FilmOnTV, 3 Amigos, 1Channel, they're all broken, or just redirecting you to the few addons that still work.

Has the free element past it's hay day now some authors have realised they can monetise their streams? Also, all the free football streams seem to either not work, or work really poorly these days, seems like the streams are over-subscribed as more and more people have become aware of Kodi.

Trying to watch The Wire, and all the sources I can find are in 4:3 and look like they were recorded with a potato...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The wire on Netflix was in 4:3 until the last series I think. Or wherever I watched it was anyway. Exodus is what I use most of the time for Tv shows and film. Don't use it for live TV

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The wire on Netflix was in 4:3 until the last series I think. Or wherever I watched it was anyway. Exodus is what I use most of the time for Tv shows and film. Don't use it for live TV
When I first started watching it, on Exodus, from season one, it was all in 16:9 HD, then streams started dropping off, and the only ones left are 4:3.

It's definitely available in 16:9.

Exodus is about the only decent TV add-on still working, and even it is losing streams because of the Openload restrictions etc.

SALTS I got sick of it checking through every single stream, then giving me a list, me choosing a link, that link not working, then it wanting to check through all available streams again, then chose another link, doesn't work, repeat process, after the third I was like f**k this, 4:3 it is. :(

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Has the free element past it's hay day now some authors have realised they can monetise their streams? Also, all the free football streams seem to either not work, or work really poorly these days, seems like the streams are over-subscribed as more and more people have become aware of Kodi.

It's a victim of it's own success, but also of it's basic design, because there is an easily identifiable source it's not too hard to get it yanked offline.
Put the sources out of commission and the streaming stops.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Is Exodus working for everyone? It just keeps saying error for me despite it working perfectly yesterday, this did happen with UK Turk a while back and it sorted itself out after a couple of days.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Ares project build is all you need really.
Its always up to date as they have a proper community on fb so it is very active.
Ibe used kodi for a couple of years now and the live sport streaming has gone downhill since eveyone jumped on it.
Only really use it for movies or tv shows now.
Seems the new thing is theae sky or virgin boxes i keep seeing asvertised.
£140 for first 2 years and then £40 a year for all channels on either box.
Not sure how they do it but they do come highly rated.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the sports streaming element has definitely gone down hill, streamers don't have the bandwidth required for the amount of people that want to watch these days.

Exodus is far and away the best add-on though, so if it is down, then that's a bit s**t.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Ares project build is all you need really.
Its always up to date as they have a proper community on fb so it is very active.
Ibe used kodi for a couple of years now and the live sport streaming has gone downhill since eveyone jumped on it.
Only really use it for movies or tv shows now.
Seems the new thing is theae sky or virgin boxes i keep seeing asvertised.
£140 for first 2 years and then £40 a year for all channels on either box.
Not sure how they do it but they do come highly rated.
Ill say this, they are very good value, but make sure you pick a proper "gift" provider, as ones are resellers and offer crap service.

Where as i have "found" one which is top notch. Wee bit more expensive but worth it.

Basically they use internet to card share.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
So is it streamed? any buffering etc?

thinking about getting one when my sky tv term runs out.
Thinking of getting the VM option as i have 200mb net with them and you get all HD channels apparantly unlike the sky box.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
So is it streamed? any buffering etc?

thinking about getting one when my sky tv term runs out.
Thinking of getting the VM option as i have 200mb net with them and you get all HD channels apparantly unlike the sky box.
Still need the source, so Sky you need the dish and cables.
VM you still need a subscription to Internet (at least to keep the cable from becoming dark)
Channels are in HD, but as providers swap to different encryption its taking longer to resolve that issue.
Its not streamed its just decoded via the internet.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I have a sky dish and vm internet so i can choose either really.
Is it all the same display? like tv guide, planner, catch up on sky.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Wait so you have the dish, don't pay for your sky subscription anymore and use one of these new boxes instead?

I'm well confused but definitely want some links because I've never heard of it.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I have a sky dish and vm internet so i can choose either really.
Is it all the same display? like tv guide, planner, catch up on sky.
Every box is different. But essentially its linux based again but has more up to date features.
But i know the one regularly used is VIX or OpenATV. With a SLYK skin, (have a look what you think of it)

Wait so you have the dish, don't pay for your sky subscription anymore and use one of these new boxes instead?

I'm well confused but definitely want some links because I've never heard of it.
If you wished to do that you could.
Due to SKY and Virgin Media having to provide digital services, the FTA channels are available via sky or VM via their cables. So if you borrowed a Original SKY HD box from a friend, plugged it into your sky you would get FTA channels all day long. Its the "gift" which makes the rest of the encoding happen.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What do people find best for sports? Like sky sports etc I know there never the best anyway.
Mobdro?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What do people find best for sports? Like sky sports etc I know there never the best anyway.
Mobdro?
I use cric tv via sportsdevil - but the quality is gash, more reliable and easy to find though

Kawasaki ER6N
I have found with sports you get what you pay for. £70 a year I pay for every prem game and all ppv etc all hd and no buffering.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I have found with sports you get what you pay for. £70 a year I pay for every prem game and all ppv etc all hd and no buffering.
Yeah I preferred it on 'plus1hd' at 10 CAD per month. Stopped working through my ps3 this year tho.
Super reliable, hd and every single game.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
After a firestick for the kitchen tv, mainly for amazon prime tv, but is it worth getting one with these kodi things on it?

My mate has a stick and he can gets movies etc but takes ages loading different streams to find a decent one. Is kodi like that because if it is i'll just buy a normal one.

If i buy a normal stick from argos etc can any of these programmes be loaded onto it?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
After a firestick for the kitchen tv, mainly for amazon prime tv, but is it worth getting one with these kodi things on it?

My mate has a stick and he can gets movies etc but takes ages loading different streams to find a decent one. Is kodi like that because if it is i'll just buy a normal one.

If i buy a normal stick from argos etc can any of these programmes be loaded onto it?
Yeah - the extra you pay for a pre-loaded one is just for someone to do 5-10 minutes of installing, which anyone can do on any FireTV Stick.

Reactions: RDH

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Any recommendations for the best build of Kodi for the fire stick?

Not sure what one the missus has on hers as her father got it for her but it is a bit w**k compared to the builds i have seen on friends.