ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp too much drain on battery

hey my dad is flatly refusing me to wire up a 240w amp cos (just my luck) he was watchin a tv program earlier on with a guy with a SUBMARINE battery powering his ICE! so now he thinks therel be too much drain, the batterys new but has been drained as the alternator bust, but i fitted a new one and its been fine ever since! but its his car so if he wants to be paranoid i can only prove that the amp is not a great drain on the car and it wont stop with lights and radio on etc.. i know an amp will drain a battery fast if the engine is off but it should be ok? ive an alpine 4x45w head, cd changer, standard ford fronts (this is in my fiesta by the way!) and alpine 90w 6x9s, am i safe to run all this?

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

no prob at all. i run two amps of my std battery b4 and it lasted ages, before i left my lights on for a few days, and that basically killed it. but a 240W amp should be a piece of p*ss to run!!

Elise/VX220/R26

wont even touch this side m8. If it is drawing too much power your lights will dim slightly in time with the bass. But chances of a 240watt amp doing that are very small!

i was running two amps off my battery, one of 400W RMS and one of 220W RMS, battery suffered a little, but the car still started 1st time every time