ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

andy_coops - Iceberg 172

Looks great, plates make a nice little addition don't they! Sounds like you've done the same as me with the Velcro for an easy change when the need for a photo appears :cool: I just used slim strips rather than coins but you can't see them

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Looks great, plates make a nice little addition don't they! Sounds like you've done the same as me with the Velcro for an easy change when the need for a photo appears :cool: I just used slim strips rather than coins but you can't see them
Thanks dude. Took forever to get the 3m tape off lol. Went a bit overboard.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Easy storage for my plates lmao.
IMG_8588.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
So the 172's been away. Passed MOT but the caliper I "fixed" had to be replaced anyway as the handbrake was knackered. Picking her up this week.
Meantime I needed a new daily as my old company Skoda goes back today so picked this up last week. 9-3 Aero 2.0T with a remap, bigger intercooler and Powerflow exhaust. Needs a clutch as it's slipping but almost as much of a bargain as the Clio.
IMG_8660.JPG
IMG_8661.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Swirled to buggery :( still easy fix for me!
I'm inclined to agree about the wheels - not feeling black at all at the minute.
IMG_8683.JPG

Wowzers!! That Saab is very cool, I've been thinking of a new daily lately too and did have a look on the eBay at these amongst other things! But didn't see an Aero as smart as that, what power is it running now? 210/220 standard arn't they?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Wowzers!! That Saab is very cool, I've been thinking of a new daily lately too and did have a look on the eBay at these amongst other things! But didn't see an Aero as smart as that, what power is it running now? 210/220 standard arn't they?
Thanks mate. Needs a lot of cleaning but otherwise good.
210 standard - this is well north of that but until clutch fixed and I can get it RR'd I have no idea what it's making lol.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Been manic so not much time to update.
Good news first - MOT passed :D with only the rear caliper (that I fixed!) needing replacing as the handbrake mechanism was buggered.
Had the gearbox oil changed too as it made sense and my Powerflex ARB bushes fitted (inner and outer) done too.
Lastly I had a sticker made for the horn button as I didn't fancy another OMP one.
Quick wash as she's been sat outside for 2 weeks, deep cleaned the inside of the Saab and well earned beer!
IMG_8716.JPG
IMG_8717.JPG
IMG_8733.JPG
IMG_8729.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
How's it going with the saab mate? Enjoying it? You'll have to put some more photos up :up:

That and the clio is a good little combo :cool:

Clutch slipping and dealer not being helpful. Otherwise good. Itching to get the paint up to scratch too!

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Not a huge amount to report. The tweaks and upgrades to bushes are working brilliantly - I can drive the car with huge amounts more confidence as the front end grip and stability are night and day. Really pleased.
Quick tidy up today to get the pollen and Saharan dust shifted and cleaned out the inside as it hasn't been done in a while.
I'm at a sweet spot with my cars now - the Saab's getting there and I genuinely can't recall having such a spot on lineup ever. Happy days!
E45EC25D-88A0-4C4F-9059-C4C34BC453F5.jpg
IMG_8896.JPG
IMG_8898.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Small update. Replaced the rainbow main beams today with some standard bright bulbs and new LEDs (keep blowing the cheap crap ones from eBay), cleaned more bits nobody will ever see and applied some Eurotrash film to the fogs.
Quick wash as it's been weeks since I last had a chance. Next is to fit the yanoo bushes I bought here and I'm still kicking myself for selling my Scenic shifter so hunting for another.
D797C2D9-CFEB-4A08-9E28-51FAB41B72F4.jpg
IMG_9242.JPG
IMG_9233.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Thanks gents. She has a few dings here and there and paint needs correcting - silver's the best chest colour lol.
I like the yellow film - put it on the Saab and it looked dog poo but much better on the Clio :)

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
So at the weekend I paid the FOS a visit for the first time in a while. Cracking day with perfect weather and more amazing cars than I could photograph.
Epic early morning blast across the downs - the way this car handles is perfectly on point for me right now with only the seating position and reach for gears needing improvement.
Quick wash to get rid of the Goodwood dust, brake dust and bugs and done.
I've bought some better condition sill protectors too which I'm going to do "something" with when I get a moment.
6A2639CB-11AE-4404-8E23-356C8BEC8FD1.jpg
E25705C3-1B3C-4D1F-A12B-30A36BAD4317.jpg

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Debating having my dash strips painted Ford Nitrous Blue (because I'm in love with the colour lol) so pooped to my painter for some figures - including repainting my back bumper.
Was also in illustrious company today....if you're into detailing you'll know Paul Dalton ;)
IMG_9613.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Small update - fuel rail connector broke so new one fitted after a lot of swearing and tugging. Added a clamp to be on the safe side .
Scenic shifter on its way, Quaife gearknob to top it and yanoo bushes to tighten it up. Powerflex exhaust mount also here. Once fitted the next step will be to find a cheap seat.

IMG_9911.JPG
IMG_9957.JPG

Will be interested to see pics and hear how you get on with the Scenic shifter, Quaife gearknob and yanoo bushes!

With the iMusic, I've seen these around. Whats special about it? Better stereo?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Will be interested to see pics and hear how you get on with the Scenic shifter, Quaife gearknob and yanoo bushes!

With the iMusic, I've seen these around. Whats special about it? Better stereo?
Me too mate :)

The iMusic just has an iPod connector in the glovebox - I guess back in 2011 that was high tech lol.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Gave the interior a tidy today and used my new favourite interior dressing to freshen up all the plastics (britemax interior dressing for anyone remotely interested). Quick wash and that's about it. Fitting some new stuff next weekend :)

6AE03584-4FBB-426C-88C5-91D2A515A169.jpg

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Just when I think MY interior is looking fresh.......... that looks amazing mate, probably cleaner than when it was new tbh!
Thanks mate - I wouldn't say it was that good. Still some bits to sort, particularly the seals which could do with steam cleaning.